New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi guys,

Yung windshield wiper ko na stop magwork pero pag i-switch on gumagana yung motor kasi naririnig ko but hindi tumatakbo yung mga wiper parang na-disconnect yung wiper sa motor di ko sure. Ano po ba ang sira nun? Pwede ba i-DIY sya?

Thanks po!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka naalis sa mechanism yan o sa mismong motor. kaya ng diy yan. what car/make are we talking about?

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    As most wiper systems use's linkage located underneath the cowl panel at the base of the windshield and most vehicles use a single motor to operate both wipers my guess is the linkage has broken or one of ball and socket joints has come apart. I am assuming the wiper that is not working is the passenger side, correct? I would start by looking there.

Now, if the arms arent moving back and forth, then the wiper motor, or again the linkages that make them flip are broken. It is a fairly simple fix...but might run into some money for the parts ie the motor, the linkages and the shafts for the arms to mount on. Ask someone you trust to take a look at them and dont get burned replacing something you dont need to. Good luck.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    baka naalis sa mechanism yan o sa mismong motor. kaya ng diy yan. what car/make are we talking about?
    I think it's his Nissan Sentra 98 ex saloon (from his profile).

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I think it's his Nissan Sentra 98 ex saloon (from his profile).
    yup tama po nissan nga po

Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    As most wiper systems use's linkage located underneath the cowl panel at the base of the windshield and most vehicles use a single motor to operate both wipers my guess is the linkage has broken or one of ball and socket joints has come apart. I am assuming the wiper that is not working is the passenger side, correct? I would start by looking there.

Now, if the arms arent moving back and forth, then the wiper motor, or again the linkages that make them flip are broken. It is a fairly simple fix...but might run into some money for the parts ie the motor, the linkages and the shafts for the arms to mount on. Ask someone you trust to take a look at them and dont get burned replacing something you dont need to. Good luck.
    Tnx po sa reply. Pareho po na hindi gumagana. Naririnig ko yung motor na moving back ang forth but i think naputol yung connection nya sa mga wipers

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I recently did a DIY repair of my wiper linkages. As long as you have the parts, madali lang. In my case, I've to wait for 2 months for the linkage to arrive. The bushings are hard to find, at least for my a32...

The linkages are connected by plastic bushings. Most probably, one of them has come off kaya you can here the motor running. First thing to do is remove the wiper arms, open the cowl, and check which linkage has come off. Now getting the bushing is a tricky part. The cost around 100-150 in banawe. Be sure its the exact bushing, or you can choose to buy a new linkage, mine costs 750.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Update ko lang kayo sa nangyari. Pinagawa ko siya sa amin kanina 400php lang mura na konting softdrinks at puto lang. Ang nangyari nagloose na yung parang plastic na white na nakacover sa round metal ball sori di ko alam tawag dun sa mga parts na yon. So ang ginawa binutas nya yung white na cover sa gitna tapos drill nya yung metal ball sa gitna nilagyan nya ng screw na nagconnect sa metalball at sa white plastic (nag welding sa metal ball para maconnect nya yung screw) yung screw sakto lang ang nipis tapos nilock yung ends ng screw (ibang klase yung screw na ginamit eh.) syepre nilagayan ng grasa at wd40 yung mga joints at yun gumana naman ok na ang takbo ng wiper ko.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Update ko lang kayo sa nangyari. Pinagawa ko siya sa amin kanina 400php lang mura na konting softdrinks at puto lang. Ang nangyari nagloose na yung parang plastic na white na nakacover sa round metal ball sori di ko alam tawag dun sa mga parts na yon. So ang ginawa binutas nya yung white na cover sa gitna tapos drill nya yung metal ball sa gitna nilagyan nya ng screw na nagconnect sa metalball at sa white plastic (nag welding sa metal ball para maconnect nya yung screw) yung screw sakto lang ang nipis tapos nilock yung ends ng screw (ibang klase yung screw na ginamit eh.) syepre nilagayan ng grasa at wd40 yung mga joints at yun gumana naman ok na ang takbo ng wiper ko.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tingin ko yung linkage bushing lang yan... mura lang yun bro.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    since ayos na ang problem ni TS, ako may problem rin sa wiper, mejo hirap syang mag-wipe.. hindi smooth 'yung pag-wipe nya kahit 1, 2, or 3 ang speed, kahit malakas ang ulan. bakit kaya, and ano ang magandang solution?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help!!! Windshield wiper not working.