New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
    According to the mechanic of kia(casa) fuel pressure is ok pero wla silang device to measure it
    Reason I asked coz I've encountered failing pumps that still worked but gave pressures too low to fire engine up. Most injector rails have a Schrader valve for fuel gauge hook up. This helps eliminate suspects clearly. Some filter assemblies have a pressure regulator, too. If there is & it's faulty, the pressure reading would be low, too. Should fuel distribution check out, proceed to ground, harness & contact investigation. Cars in hibernation are a rodent fave. Check for chafed & split wires....this part I hate.Help! Car wont start OBD P0685.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Anong sasakyan?

Sent from my NX549J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Anong sasakyan?

Sent from my NX549J using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Kia carnival 08 sir

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Reason I asked coz I've encountered failing pumps that still worked but gave pressures too low to fire engine up. Most injector rails have a Schrader valve for fuel gauge hook up. This helps eliminate suspects clearly. Some filter assemblies have a pressure regulator, too. If there is & it's faulty, the pressure reading would be low, too. Should fuel distribution check out, proceed to ground, harness & contact investigation. Cars in hibernation are a rodent fave. Check for chafed & split wires....this part I hate.Help! Car wont start OBD P0685.

So d sya lalabas sa OBD na failing fuel pump? Or preasure is too low?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Kia carnival 08 sir

Hit or miss, some failing pumps won't pop any code.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hit or miss, some failing pumps won't pop any code.

The DTC points to a power supply issue that is either external or internal to the ECM/PCM. It's pretty far from being a fuel supply issue, isn't it?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The DTC points to a power supply issue that is either external or internal to the ECM/PCM. It's pretty far from being a fuel supply issue, isn't it?
    Batt charge drops w/ all the crank attempts....& when it does, all sortsa random DTCs can pop. Have seen 1 case w/ a TCM code. Car cranked & started up fine but ran rough. Had the batt health checked, twas on its way out, but had enough juice left not to show signs. Cleared the code, same would re-pop. A day after, car's gauge needles would just sweep. Car failed to fire up. The only code extracted was for the same tranny fault. Re-cleared the code, swapped a new batt in.....car ran like new w/ no hiccups nor codes.
    On huntdowns, a code reader is handy, but I would never downplay shared experience. A thorough elimination process, from easiest & least cost going up, will help pin this....There will be no harm checking fuel distribution to rule it out. Just my humble 2cents, good sir.Help! Car wont start OBD P0685.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Kia carnival 08 sir

Na check mo na ba kung may kuryente sa mga injectors while cranking? Check mo din wires papunta sa ecm/pcm baka may kagat ng daga

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Batt charge drops w/ all the crank attempts....& when it does, all sortsa random DTCs can pop. Have seen 1 case w/ a TCM code. Car cranked & started up fine but ran rough. Had the batt health checked, twas on its way out, but had enough juice left not to show signs. Cleared the code, same would re-pop. A day after, car's gauge needles would just sweep. Car failed to fire up. The only code extracted was for the same tranny fault. Re-cleared the code, swapped a new batt in.....car ran like new w/ no hiccups nor codes.
    On huntdowns, a code reader is handy, but I would never downplay shared experience. A thorough elimination process, from easiest & least cost going up, will help pin this....There will be no harm checking fuel distribution to rule it out. Just my humble 2cents, good sir.Help! Car wont start OBD P0685.

I meant no offence. I just wanted to know your thought process.

Still, I think it's a "malayo sa bituka" sorta thing. Low or no fuel pressure will never cause an undervolt or power supply condition for the PCM. If any, it should be the reverse; ie. The PCM isn't receiving enough power so it's not working well enough to either command/engage the fuel pump, injectors or even the ignition system (petrol).

It's very likely that's the issue. The PCM is either unable or is actively preventing the engine from starting because of a power issue with the "brain". Not having fuel in the supply line (if that is indeed the case) is more likely a symptom, not the cause.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I meant no offence. I just wanted to know your thought process.

Still, I think it's a "malayo sa bituka" sorta thing. Low or no fuel pressure will never cause an undervolt or power supply condition for the PCM. If any, it should be the reverse; ie. The PCM isn't receiving enough power so it's not working well enough to either command/engage the fuel pump, injectors or even the ignition system (petrol).

It's very likely that's the issue. The PCM is either unable or is actively preventing the engine from starting because of a power issue with the "brain". Not having fuel in the supply line (if that is indeed the case) is more likely a symptom, not the cause.
    None taken, sir.Help! Car wont start OBD P0685. Car was repeatedly cranked. Voltage could've dropped & may have caused gremlins popping as it was sitting for a while...again, just to eliminate suspects.Help! Car wont start OBD P0685.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Back to square one.
    Check the basics.
    Check fuses
    Check fuel quality. (Might be stale fuel)
    Check for spark at the plugs
    Check exhaust restriction.

Don't get fixated on the DTC until you check the basics.

Try to recall what last thing was done before improperly "pickling" the car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast