New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    This thread is for those who have extensive experience in auto wiring.

Here is my quest:

I want to install out of casa fog lights for my Ford Fiesta Trend variant. It does not have stock front fog lights. Kung sa casa 20K daw, sobrang mahal naman.

I already found na may nakaabang ng wire sa bumper and based another forum in UK, they said all one has to do is add a switch on the dash and the wire is already there behind the dash.

Today I tried it, pero it is too difficult to take out the controls to examine the connections.

The best I could do was examine the wires leading to the controls

I plan just to put in a switch and tap it to two of the wires which will control the front fog lamps. Time consuming mag trial and error at kailangan "sugatan" yung insulation.

I now seek your help in understanding the meaning of the color I found (8 wires in all)

first color is the body of the wire, second is the stripe

1 Black/White
    2 White/Violet
    3 Blue - no stripe
    4 Yellow/Blue
    5 Blue/Brown
    6 Blue/White
    7 Gray/Violet
    8 Green/White

These wires should all serve the following functions
    1. pilot light for the controls themselves
    2. Indicator light on the controls that park light is turned on
    3. turn on park light
    4. turn on headlight - high beam switch is on the steering wheel lever
    5. turn on rear fog lights
    6. turn on front fog lights

lahat ito functioning na except for number six kaya I'm hunting only the two wires that will control the front fog lights.

Thanks in advance!

post a close up picture nung actual switch. rotary switch I think yan right? pagna hanap yung wires for the fogs, you don't need to strip the insulation,you can use tap connectors for this. be careful with setting up aftermarket fogs, very important that the wiring is correct as you can really mess up the electricals of your car. look for the ground first to eliminate one wire, use a multimeter for this.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    post a close up picture nung actual switch. rotary switch I think yan right? pagna hanap yung wires for the fogs, you don't need to strip the insulation,you can use tap connectors for this. be careful with setting up aftermarket fogs, very important that the wiring is correct as you can really mess up the electricals of your car. look for the ground first to eliminate one wire, use a multimeter for this.
    Sir garyq, ask ko lang kung saan po nakakabili ng t-tap connectors?
    Thanks.

Ford Fiesta headlight control wiring