New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Good evening po sa lahat. Pahingi po ako ng tulong. I have a 2017 Honda HRV. Yung fog lights ko po parehong biglang ayaw umandar nung isang araw. Pinacheck ko sabi ok daw ung bulbs so pinalitan ng bagong fuse. Umandar na ung lights. Nung gabi na ginamit ko na siya pero mga 20 min lang biglang ayaw na umandar ulit. Ano po kaya ung pwedeng problema? Naka aftermarket po ako na LED H11 pala na nagamit ko naman for 5 months without a problem tapos ganun po nangyari. Thank you po.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Valharth1031 View Post
    Good evening po sa lahat. Pahingi po ako ng tulong. I have a 2017 Honda HRV. Yung fog lights ko po parehong biglang ayaw umandar nung isang araw. Pinacheck ko sabi ok daw ung bulbs so pinalitan ng bagong fuse. Umandar na ung lights. Nung gabi na ginamit ko na siya pero mga 20 min lang biglang ayaw na umandar ulit. Ano po kaya ung pwedeng problema? Naka aftermarket po ako na LED H11 pala. Thank you po.
    it would appear,
    your fuse blew.
    again.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it would appear,
    your fuse blew.
    again.
    Ano po kaya ang solution dito? Papalitan po ba ng fuse with a higher amp rating? Kaso safe po ba ito?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ano po kaya ang solution dito? Papalitan po ba ng fuse with a higher amp rating? Kaso safe po ba ito?
    ask an expert to look at your set-up, po.
    fuse... wiring... housing...

if the (stock, i assume) fuse keeps blowing kasi, your lights are probably drawing more current than what the car's wiring was designed for.
    you might have to upgrade everything and not just the fuse.

btw,
    i noticed that many car drivers use their bumper lights and not their headlights.
    are they aware that sometimes, them bumper lights actually generate more glare than the stock headlights?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 2nd, 2020 at 10:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Good evening po sa lahat. Pahingi po ako ng tulong. I have a 2017 Honda HRV. Yung fog lights ko po parehong biglang ayaw umandar nung isang araw. Pinacheck ko sabi ok daw ung bulbs so pinalitan ng bagong fuse. Umandar na ung lights. Nung gabi na ginamit ko na siya pero mga 20 min lang biglang ayaw na umandar ulit. Ano po kaya ung pwedeng problema? Naka aftermarket po ako na LED H11 pala. Thank you po.
    Switch your stock H11 halogens in. If they work, those LEDs you used aren't worth going back to.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    ask an expert to look at your set-up, po.
    fuse... wiring... housing...

if the (stock, i assume) fuse keeps blowing kasi, your lights are probably drawing more current than what the car's wiring was designed for.
    you might have to upgrade everything and not just the fuse.

btw,
    i noticed that many car drivers use their bumper lights and not their headlights.
    are they aware that sometimes, them bumper lights actually generate more glare than the stock headlights?
    I used the lights for 5 months without any problem until the problem occured a few days ago. Is it possible there's a short somewhere? And to your other question, I use both my headlights and foglights when driving at night. If it's well lit I only use my headlights.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Switch your stock H11 halogens in. If they work, those LEDs you used aren't worth going back to.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply. I'll check this but I'll probably have to find an electrician since I'm pretty unfamiliar with electricals.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I used the lights for 5 months without any problem until the problem occured a few days ago. Is it possible there's a short somewhere? And to your other question, I use both my headlights and foglights when driving at night. If it's well lit I only use my headlights.
    was this a do-it-yourself thing, or was it done by someone else?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    was this a do-it-yourself thing, or was it done by someone else?
    I had it installed by a shop. I got it from LED Lights PH in Antipolo. Check out their fb page if you're unfamiliar. Unfortunately I'm not great with car electricals so I would never DIY anything electrical.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I had it installed by a shop. I got it from LED Lights PH in Antipolo. Check out their fb page if you're unfamiliar. Unfortunately I'm not great with car electricals so I would never DIY anything electrical.
    normally,
    my suggestion would be to bring it back to them for trouble-shooting.
    there is definitely something wrong if your fuse blows twice...

the other side of the coin is,
    they may not be fully versed in what they should be fully versed in...

what would i do?
    i'll probably feel my wiring and see if they get "too hot", and go from there...
    but so many things can be the matter...
    you need the experts, if i may opine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast