New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Guys...I guess I gotta ipon for something else too....
    This morning I noticed the car wouldn't start again! So i shifted the a/t gear into N (neutral) yan it started! But it wouldn't want to start in P. Then at the gas station I put it into P(Park) to turn off the engine and get some gas..and when I shifted into P the car reversed! My transmission pala is one of the problems of why it doesn't start some days.
    My car is turning into a piece of junk. 15-20k daw ang surplus tranny with install. Ay nako..maybe it's better talaga to just ipon ipon lang until I can put a large downpayment for a new car so mababa lang ang monthly payments. Good thing my car didn't do this going to and from Subic. If I'm already spending 5k+ to fix this car every month..baka it's worth it nalang to just get a bnew car and pay for that every month.

Today I started the car in "D" and drove around in "N". Reverse was in between P and R. I don't know what to do with this car talaga. I was going through numbers and I think by December I can put a downpayment for a new car. I'm ok with just using the car in this condition til December..but i'm not sure if my tranny will just give up totally by December. I was also thinking instead of fixing up my car..maybe I can get a 2nd car worth 100k or below to use til December..then sell it to pay for a bnew car.

And btw..I used the car tonight going to the gym and the idling seemed ok with aircon and headlights on..it didn't die on me. I was stopped in traffic for some time and it seemed the electric juice was ok for the time being.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Guys...I guess I gotta ipon for something else too....
    This morning I noticed the car wouldn't start again! So i shifted the a/t gear into N (neutral) yan it started! But it wouldn't want to start in P. Then at the gas station I put it into P(Park) to turn off the engine and get some gas..and when I shifted into P the car reversed! My transmission pala is one of the problems of why it doesn't start some days.
    My car is turning into a piece of junk. 15-20k daw ang surplus tranny with install. Ay nako..maybe it's better talaga to just ipon ipon lang until I can put a large downpayment for a new car so mababa lang ang monthly payments. Good thing my car didn't do this going to and from Subic. If I'm already spending 5k+ to fix this car every month..baka it's worth it nalang to just get a bnew car and pay for that every month.

Today I started the car in "D" and drove around in "N". Reverse was in between P and R. I don't know what to do with this car talaga. I was going through numbers and I think by December I can put a downpayment for a new car. I'm ok with just using the car in this condition til December..but i'm not sure if my tranny will just give up totally by December. I was also thinking instead of fixing up my car..maybe I can get a 2nd car worth 100k or below to use til December..then sell it to pay for a bnew car.

And btw..I used the car tonight going to the gym and the idling seemed ok with aircon and headlights on..it didn't die on me. I was stopped in traffic for some time and it seemed the electric juice was ok for the time being.

sounds like misadjusted or broken PRND2L switch. this is usually repairable.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yes Jick is right.
    The most is the AT switch kasi paibaba ang position ng start, drive, etc. Wala yata sa tamang position.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sir. if you want, you can have the problem estimated with your trusted mechanic. I think he wouldn't tell you to replace the tranny if it isn't really needed. You might not know, the cost of the repair might just be playing around the 5 - 7k mark ... much cheaper than a surplus tranny and definitely much cheaper than a 2nd or brand new vehicle.

if your mechanic suggests you to change your tranny, might as well change your engine too. It`ll cost you at around 50-60k depends on the engine that you prefer. I find it better too than selling your current vehicle and replacing it with a vehicle that's as old as your vehicle too. Of course, you wouldn't know the vehicle that you're buying has hidden problems that might lead you to costly repairs or that's even worse than the problems that your current vehicle is encountering now.

but then again, it's still going to be your choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Engine dies while parked and won't start back up