New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have scangauge 2. It connects to the obd port and gets power there. It reads out voltage while cranking. Sooo. Obd has power during cranking.
    Maybe elm327 with Torque app can help read it out during crank?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If your battery is in the trunk or under the seat, there's usually a convenience connector in the engine bay ...

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i read it before i start the engine, with the key on ACC.
    once the engine starts, the reading is now a reflection of the alternator's performance, and not the battery's.
    i want to read it during the cranking period, but i simply can't read it... probably something to do with my eyes and the gadget's design...

same observation here

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^if you want real time voltage reading use an oscilloscope

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    When starter cranks, Vdrops as low as 7V that most electronics can't operate on that level including the voltmeter. You may use
    a stand-alone voltmeter for more accurate reading or the appropriate battery tester that could operate from 5V up to 24V.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    When starter cranks, Vdrops as low as 7V that most electronics can't operate on that level including the voltmeter. You may use
    a stand-alone voltmeter for more accurate reading or the appropriate battery tester that could operate from 5V up to 24V.
    yun luma kong voltmeter bro, kita ko drop ng voltage while cranking (3k battery at 11.9v) .. lowest i read nga lang is 8.xx volt dropped from and nagstart naman yung vios.
    ganito itsura ..

eto yun last ko .. nag 00.00 volts while cranking ..

eto plano ko ipalit, sana ganun din PLUS may qc 3.0 charging na ..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^Naka rekta ba cig lighter plug mo sa battery?

Alam ko temporarily nawawala power sa cig lighter pag nasa “Start” ang susian.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^Naka rekta ba cig lighter plug mo sa battery?
    Alam ko temporarily nawawala power sa cig lighter pag nasa “Start” ang susian.
    sa stock cig port lang bro

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    except for the car battery it is supposed to measure, the old electromechanical meter does not need another power source.
    but it is difficult to read, and i am not entirely sure of its accuracy, during that very brief moment...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    there can be tons of voltage drop depending on where you measure the voltage during cranking that's why the batt analyzer is clipped directly to the battery during testing

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Does a voltmeter (using the cigarette lighter plug) help us determine the health of the car battery?