New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ Yun USB rechargeable light na tig P150 sa Quiapo(on the left) may lastiko pwede kabit sa helmet. Taka lang ako most bikers tinatanggal yung reflectors sa gulong at front/rear. Bumili narin ako nun tig bebente may original cateye pa. hehe. Mga motmot yata standard fitment na ang DRL, I hopeso gawin standard narin sa bikes at dumadami na sila. Kung wlang ilaw o reflector man lang, road hazard talaga nakakabulaga nag mumukhang bike ng palaboy o mangangalakal ng bote bakal.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just a bit of a rant. I got into a hospital parking lot earlier today to drive a family member in for a scheduled procedure. It was still dark,4 or 5-ish in the morning and it was raining. The conditions were very conducive so I tried to catch some zzzz's while I wait in the car.

A little while later, a Vios arrived and parked directly in front of me. She kept her engine running with her DRL piercing the darkness and directed at me.

Ideally, DRLs should be off while the car is in Park or the parking brake is engaged. Apparently, it's implemented lazily on most econoboxes here and they just light up as soon as the ignition key is On and/or the engine is running.

Chalk up another reason why I don't like DRLs.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Just a bit of a rant. I got into a hospital parking lot earlier today to drive a family member in for a scheduled procedure. It was still dark,4 or 5-ish in the morning and it was raining. The conditions were very conducive so I tried to catch some zzzz's while I wait in the car.

A little while later, a Vios arrived and parked directly in front of me. She kept her engine running with her DRL piercing the darkness and directed at me.

Ideally, DRLs should be off while the car is in Park or the parking brake is engaged. Apparently, it's implemented lazily on most econoboxes here and they just light up as soon as the ignition key is On and/or the engine is running.

Not just econoboxes. 2016 Everest is just like that. Annoying DRLs that are too bright and can't be switched off.
    Masaya nga ako when they blew out I just never replaced them.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

Kung factory DRL, madalas naka-off once na swtich on ang park lights.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Most DRLs eventhough factory turns ON upon starting the car.. turning on park lights will just dim to 50%..

In mazda 3, DRLs turn ON when the car starts to move.. turns OFF when you pull the hand brake..so you can park discreetly in the dark... hehe

Toyota fortuner DRL turns on when you start the engine..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Kung factory DRL, madalas naka-off once na swtich on ang park lights.
    Humihina lang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Most DRLs eventhough factory turns ON upon starting the car.. turning on park lights will just dim to 50%..
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Humihina lang.
    Oo nga kung walang hiwalay na park light, DRL magiging park light mode, hihina.

Kung may separate park light, naka off ang DRL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123