New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Noob View Post
    Sir, may I ask what type of lights are you using? and whats the wattage output? baka kasi masyadong malakas para sa battery mo.
    Also, do you have any electrical vaccum pumps?(i.e. aircon actuator, etc.)

Also, using a multimeter/voltmeter, check the voltage of the battery with the lights on & off...dapat less than 1volt lang ang difference.

One possibility is bumababa masyado ang output voltage ng batt mo...

Check back on this once you have the details...

Sir noob,

1) may I ask what type of lights are you using? and whats the wattage output? baka kasi masyadong malakas para sa battery mo.
    Im using osram nb 60/55w same as the replaced stocks. But I dont think sa HL ang problem sir, cause Ive been using this for more than a year now but I only encountered the issue just last month.

2) Also, do you have any electrical vaccum pumps?(i.e. aircon actuator, etc.)
    May aircon po un auto, pero wala naman issue pag naka-open ang a/c...tumataas pa nga po ang rpm into 1k which is normal.

3) Also, using a multimeter/voltmeter, check the voltage of the battery with the lights on & off...dapat less than 1volt lang ang difference.
    We already did this sir, had my battery and alternator checked in a nearby motolite shop and wala naman nakitang problem at kumakarga naman po ng maayos pareho.

Napansin ko din kasi lately na mainit ang negative terminal ng battery pati na un wire.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Sir paul, you mean I should also consider the old contact point and condenser na binalik nung mekaniko sa problema ng auto?

We already tried other solutions by fellow tsikoteers, we adjusted the mixture and idle speed, pero pag nakaload na ang HL ay talagang bumababa ng 200 ang rpm...aside from that, mejo lumakas pa fuel consumption kaya binalik ko na uli sa dati :-)

Thanks

Adjust the timing of the distributor. Since you have a new contact point and condenser, it should be re-time by using a timing light. Also check that the hose going to the vacuum advancer (located in the distributor assy). 200rpm is a big drop. Ignition timing affects also fuel consumption.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Is it contact point, condenser or battery ang problema??