New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    My car (City 97, AT) suddenly stops after driving from Teacher's Village to Megamall (1 hour drive). The battery seems to be dying down ( even in neutral) when the aircon starts (rpm going down to zero) after falling in line to park, I had to rev it up but in the end engine shuts off and I cant start it anymore (no click no nothing). This was 9am, I left for work then I went back at 3pm, car started normally and I was able to get back home. What could be the problem.

Note: The car seems to be having trouble once it gets stuck in traffic/ getting hot
    - I have replaced the fuel filter
    - I have replaced the ignition coil
    - I have replaced spark plugs and spark plug wires
    - I have tested the battery and it reads 14.
    - battery clamps are tight.

I'm at a loss. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how old is your battery bro?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    how old is your battery bro?
    Thanks for the quick reply sir. 1 year 3 months. One more thing, I had a 1 SM motolite battery as suggested by my battery dealer.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbaka View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply sir. 1 year 3 months. One more thing, I had a 1 SM motolite battery as suggested by my battery dealer.
    oh ok.... have you had your fuel pump checked? also, are you experiencing erratic RPM? o bigla na lang namatay?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    oh ok.... have you had your fuel pump checked? also, are you experiencing erratic RPM? o bigla na lang namatay?
    That's something I'm looking at the fuel pump. Napakamahal daw nito. RPM is normal. Pag mainit na yun makina medyo bumababa to 600 RPM with aircon instead of umakyat ng 900 RPM. Normal RPM at 800

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    looks like the typical pgm-fi main relay problem (just my 2 cents)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    looks like the typical pgm-fi main relay problem (just my 2 cents)
    Thanks for the input. I've been doing my own google search and I read a lot about the PGM. what does this stand for? Is this an electrical or mechanical problem?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbaka View Post
    Thanks for the input. I've been doing my own google search and I read a lot about the PGM. what does this stand for? Is this an electrical or mechanical problem?
    also a possibility.
    it means Programmed Fuel Injection, or PGMFI/PGM-FI, is the name given by Honda to a proprietary digital electronic fuel injection system for internal combustion engines which injects the right amount of fuel per cylinder based on specific engine data, available since the late 1980s.
    its a computer/electrical problem.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Thanks guys.. Will bring this to the repair shop. Will update you..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    How about a dirty trottle?