New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Hi Tsikoteers

My brother told me to install/replace the following and set aside maximum budget for these items. He also gave me some choices, so i want to hear your opinions

1. Car horn (loud one) -2.5k
    Bosch Europa, Red Hella Supertone

2 Back sensor- 1.5k

3. Dash cam (front and rear)- 3k

4. Head unit and speaker upgrade- 20k
    The car has only two speakers in front.

We will install these in our 2010 Toyota Revo. What brand can you suggest and where to get it?

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina M. View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers

My brother told me to install/replace the following and set aside maximum budget for these items. He also gave me some choices, so i want to hear your opinions

2 Back sensor- 1.5k

We will install these in our 2010 Toyota Revo. What brand can you suggest and where to get it?

Thank you.
    Lazada

Shopee

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Hi Tsikoteers

I'm using Viofo A129 but it is beyond the budget you have allotted. I find it good for front and rear, clear video with a high resolution. You might want to check it out if ever you want to extend the budget.

By the way, thanks again for your recommendation about CBTL. I had a great time!
    Car Horn, ICE upgrades

EDIT: The seller where I got mine is no longer available. This is what I found:

https://shopee.ph/mr.auto.ph/2853852220?v=cf2

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi Tsikoteers

2 Back sensor- 1.5k

Thank you.
    2010 Revo o 2001 Revo? Car Horn, ICE upgrades Is this a DLX? Bat 2 speakers lang?

1. Our 1997 Granvia and 2007 Santa Fe use Hella Supertone. Got them for 1800 each. I find the sound to be more "mataray" as compared to the "maangas" tone of the Bosch Europa. Might consider the Bosch for the Carnival when the time comes though. I find it to be more fitting for bigger, more intimidating vehicles. Car Horn, ICE upgrades

2. I suggest you get a backup camera instead. It is much more useful, even more so if you plan on installing a touchscreen HU. Mine cost 1500 each, installation included.

3. Do not scrimp on the dashcam. Make sure it has good night vision, preferably the ones that turn black and white at night.

4. My Pioneer AVH-295BT cost me about 12k 3 years ago. Their current midrange offering should still cost similarly. Forgot how much speakers cost. I think below 2k per pair.

All of these were installed at my suki accessories contact Philbest at Araneta.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

3. Do not scrimp on the dashcam. Make sure it has good night vision, preferably the ones that turn black and white at night.

May I know exactly what brand that you can recommend that has a good night vision ?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    May I know exactly what brand that you can recommend that has a good night vision ?
    I use the Abee V11. Has been there for, I think, 4 years now. Video turns black and white at night, like CCTVs.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I use the Abee V11. Has been there for, I think, 4 years now. Video turns black and white at night, like CCTVs.

magkano yun ganyan bro?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    magkano yun ganyan bro?
    Pinabili pa namin sa Taiwan yun eh. Cannot remember, pero medyo mahal pa yun that time. Saw a seller on FB Marketplace selling the current model for just 1800 though.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    IMO, skip the horn. The OEM horn, unless it's defective, is fine. For me, low-key is key.

-rant begins
    My general impression of people with blaring aftermarket horns is that, they're KSP. They're usually down there with people who use wrong-colored lights, glaring headlights, and loud exhaust pipes.
    -rant ends

But yeah, splurge on ICE, the other safety items, and most definitely on creature comforts.