New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Based sa mga experiences dito, majority ba e sa Motolite? Nakakatakot naman. Motolite na kasi gamit ko from the start.

Antz,

Buti naman naayos na sasakyan mo. Thanks for sharing your experience.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by antz
    Also napansin nila na may ground yung distributor ko and
    can hear some static..
    sir tanong ko lng po un about sa static sound... san ba makikita un distributor?? sa ilalim ba ng hood un?? pls excuse me from my ignorance, total newbie ako about this. kc paggaling ako sa takbo den pinatay ko na un engine, pag binuksan ko na un hood, I can hear occasional static sounds. although di ko alam kung san galing un sounds na un. den kapag malamig na un engine di ko na sya nadidinig.. un din ba un case mo?? i would really appreciate anybody's help. :D

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hi cowboytuna,

I am also a newbie here, The distributor from what i know in my kia is the object that is at the side of the engine to the right...the distributor is the one that gives electricity charge to the spark plugs. kaya may wire connected doon to the engine...while the car is running nag rorotate yon inside, to distribute nga yung charge to the 4 spark plugs to each burnign chamber..para umandar yung engine.. I can hear static sound inside the distributor and alam ko from my mechanic na ground siya...we kina opened it up and scraped yung mga dirt na nag form sa mga metal connectors noon..also as i have mentioned, i also changed the alternator because it was overcharging...I really do not know what caused this pero nawala na siya when i replaced the alternator. I suggest you check the electrical and charging system..
    ng car asap..Also i do not know kung may relation ito , be sure na rin to check whether the spark plug should burn to it's designated chamber.i do not know kasi it might be because of overloading...am not sure...

antz

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    teka...since patay na yung engine mo...i was thinking ba oil lang yon nag dridrip inside the engine...kasi sobrang init...alam ko normal lang yon....eh..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    ok. thank u very much! my natutunan na naman akong bago. :D thanks again!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    Your battery exploded probably due to hydrogen gas that is venting. The gas can be ignited by a simple spark from under your hood. What a lot of motorist don't know is that car batteries (probably not all) could vent explosive hydrogen gas.

I agree with Mr. Nicolodeon that it was hydrogen gas that cause the explosion of the battery. The overcharging alternator and electrical spark leak are contributors to the elements needed to cause an explosion. The latest development for alternators is the use of IC's (for regulators). Its malfunctioning may cause overcharging (that is why it is called a regulator). Some auto electrical shops even ask owners if they want to convert it to a mechanical regulator (the small black box). Per my experience, it was only with the so called maintenance-free batteries that the batteries explode. I want to know if somebody experience battery explosion with the ordinary type battery?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Car Battery Exploded!!