New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Those portable jump start things are available in higher end hardware stores like True Value and in Duty Free shops.

But I'd still prefer to carry a good set of jumper cables and a tow cable.

If your car is draining itself, have the problem fixed. A charger/jumper/extra battery is just a band-aid solution. Address the problem directly.

Our vehicles sit for more than two weeks and can still start when needed.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    We had an older car which has the same problem of losing battery charge when left unused for over three days.

Turned out to be an electrical problem.

One suggestion I was given (and this works well when a car gets submerged underwater!) is NOT to put a keyless entry device or a car security device. Though these are low powered devices, when triggered they light up your car and horn thus effectively bringing power to them. Without them then your car will not discharge the battery (imagine mo me makulit na pinupokpok car mo di mag alarm yun lagi thus ubusin charge ng battery).

BTW why is this better when a car gets flooded? In case hindi ninyo napansin, the rushing water and rising water triggered many alarms of various cars thus marami akong nakitang nag iilaw, nagiingay at nag alarm nung bumaha before dying down. Yup, damaged your car it did.

And the friend who had four cars flooded with no security alarm? He experienced no ecu, panel or electrical damaged at all.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Though not sure, the reason why some modern cars that got flooded up to a certain level had their lights/flashers on is likely due to a safety feature. If a vehicle were to accidentally fall into murky waters, it will be easier for rescuers to find it. The light may also help in orienting the occupants' escape.

Feature or bug, I don't mind having it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Car Battery Charger for automatic cars