New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yock's Auto Electrical Repair Shop, ok doon I had my civic vti alternator fixed there, kumpleto sila sa gamit and pyesa, Kuntento naman ako sa gawa nila. And sila ata ang subcontractor ng mga casa when it comes to alternator/electrical repair (sabi ng may-ari and confirmed by momoyster above). Mas mura kung direkta ka pumunta sa kanila kesa pagawa mo sa casa in the end doon din nila dadalhin (sympre may patong na casa sa presyo ng repair).

Ang address nila ay 677 EDSA (Southbound side), Cubao Quezon City (Beside Victory liner, before pedestrian overpass bago mag cubao underpass) Tel 727-0409; 727-0548. Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by orly_andico
    wildthing, where'd you get a 90amp nissan alternator for 600 pesos? amazing price yan ah!!
    Surplus shop na direct importer dito sa Angeles City Pamp. LCN ang name...the price started at P1000 yata....hinagle ko lang pababa....most nissan parts sa surplus are cheap (toyotas and mitsu are not).....I think it came from a nissan bluebird or one of those highend nissan cars kasi only the all-power series consume too much current kaya high ampere rating ang alternator.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo din kay kiKO sa oroquieta st. near corner of camarines. almost all part ng alternator replaceable. yun IC ng gen1 ko cost 1,200 orig nun nag papalit ako. may lumalabas na alternator sa blumenttrit 5 thou 110amp. pang starex daw. looks new naka box pa.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i went to aunzo's today. they couldn't "fix" my alternator (a 70A nissan/mitsubishi unit! parang napalitan na yung original mazda unit).

they had a 65A mitsubishi with a part number VERY similar to the OEM mazda, so they put that in.. didn't work either. voltage at idle too low, and with the hotel loads (lighting, aircon) turned on, bagsak below 12.5V. weird... anyway they finally put in another mitsubishi (which BTW is ok, mazda's and ford's use mitsu alternators) which i think was an 80A or 90A unit.. ayun.. umobra na (sort of).

for a shop that's been recommended sa online forums for their electrical work, aunzo's was quite stone age. wala man lang multitester! they were using this inaccurate analog voltmeter, and a battery+bulb for continuity testing.. ah well.

plus, they charged me 2500 all in all. since i knew i could get an alternator for 1000-1500, medyo hmmmm ako dun. but then again, i witnessed firsthand how DIFFICULT it is to extract and put back an alternator in the CRAMPED engine bay of a 626. tapos ang init init nung engine. and they did that.. TWICE. so i didn't argue with their price na. anyway mey 15-day guarantee daw sila. i'll get out Mister Fluke 85 and measure the voltages myself. kung di ako satisfied, balik ako sa kanila with Mister Fluke and they can argue with 'im :D

.. the most annoying thing is.. i think OK yung alternator ko na luma (kulang lang sa rating) but they desoldered the regulator chip and when they re-assembled it, wala na yung regulator. grrrrr... so it won't work (not that i need an extra, under-powered alternator). maybe i'll resolder it in my copious free time..
    Last edited by orly_andico; September 13th, 2003 at 10:51 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    eksbi,

I'm thinking of trying out Yock's. How much did they charge and for what type of repair on your alternator.
    Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    jackaroo,

di ko matandaan kung magkano cnigil sakin noon.. mga nasa 1-1.3 ata. Had the outer and inner bearings of the alternator replaced maingay na kasi, medyo nahirapan cla ilabas ung alternator sa engine bay... mas mabilis pa ung pag palit ng bearing kesa sa pulldown and install ng alternator

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Brought the trooper to Pipton's shop. The IC regulator of the Hitachi alternator was shot, as i feared. They didn't have the part but, upon checking their sources, would be able to source the IC+diode+stator for P16.5k(from isuzu i think). They had a surplus nissan 90A unit with the same bracket and connectors as the trooper's for P4.5k, so this was what i opted for. Hope it lasts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
can an alternator be fixed?