New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Good day Sir Mods and Chikoteers, help me please. I got a pre-owned '07 Nissan Frontier Bravado.

Every time the park lights are turned on, the fuse gets busted. The instrument/panel lights also goes dead but not the illumination of digital odometer and clock. (Not sure if these two: <odometer and clock>, are always illuminated every time the key is switched on.)

This happens every time I replace a new fuse and sometimes after a few moment of driving. . Everything else is working fine like headlights, fog lamps, turn signals, hazard, brake lights, cabin light, wipers and stereo.

I've already checked the tail light bulb sockets whether wet/corroded but they are okay.

Any clue what causes this problem? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkillrat View Post
    Good day Sir Mods and Chikoteers, help me please. I got a pre-owned '07 Nissan Frontier Bravado.

Every time the park lights are turned on, the fuse gets busted. The instrument/panel lights also goes dead but not the illumination of digital odometer and clock. (Not sure if these two: <odometer and clock>, are always illuminated every time the key is switched on.)

This happens every time I replace a new fuse and sometimes after a few moment of driving. . Everything else is working fine like headlights, fog lamps, turn signals, hazard, brake lights, cabin light, wipers and stereo.

I've already checked the tail light bulb sockets whether wet/corroded but they are okay.

Any clue what causes this problem? Thanks in advance.

check your license light and park lights, they are the most vulnerable to water intrusion

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    possible causes....

1. dirty fuse sockets, cause extra heat which will melt the fuse terminals. - this can lead to busted fuse but not instantaneous
    2. oveloaded, extra loads were tapped to that line - depend on the extra loads present.
    3. grounded/shorted to other live wire in the system - most often instantaneous

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Sir jick and Sir phezthie, thanks very much. I finally fixed the problem with your help. After reading your replies, I was expecting for more inputs other than those in my mind because I've already checked beforehand your suggestions. But after some thought I realized that the inspection I did on the license light was not thorough.

When I bought the truck from its previous owner he mentioned that the rear OEM metal bumper was an upgrade from stock poly eurethane plastic bumper in frontier bravado. But he left the license lights without connections. On the other hand the original wirings for the license lights that have been cut was just looped away without even covering the stripped ends with tape thus touching each other and making a busted fuse.

I was so relieved thinking at first that should I bring my ride in a garage the 'virgin' wiring harness will be ravished by some auto electrician with a hit-or-miss method of searching for that grounded wire.

Thanks again guys and more power.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    salamat po sa idea now i know the cause why the fuse are easily busted..more power po sa tsikoters..

Busted Park Light Fuse