New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so who is the local distributor of panasonic automobile batteries?
    what does google say?
    is the store you bought it from, still closed?
    Panasonic Car Battery Philippines

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so who is the local distributor of panasonic automobile batteries?
    what does google say?
    is the store you bought it from, still closed?

Batteries Distributors - Industrial Devices & Solutions Asia, Middle East - Panasonic

it has no PH distributor as per google or at least I cannot find any relevant result, Panasonic PH and JP website is to no avail, Google redirects me to a certain TPL Industrial Sales along West ave. but they told me they are not. The store where I bought it has signage that they are closed until further notice due to COVID19.

How I hope someone who knows the country distributor can shed a light on this. I called other stores that are open but they are refusing to tell their distributor (maybe they are thinking that I am planning to poach the supplier, I really cannot blame them).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The country distributor is TPL along West Avenue, before Bulacan street. I bought a Panasonic 2SM (4-star Thailand) from a dealer in Araneta Ave via phone (delivery and installation free). It went dead on its 16month (warranty is 18mos for the black 4star). Since I'm familiar with how a warranty process works, I went straight to find the country distributor. Took it to them (I borrowed my dad's 2SM Panasonic blue (Made in Japan). They took the battery from the trunk, placed it in the load tester, ruled it's dead, gave me a new one in a sealed box. All in about five minutes. I say, their aftersales is one of the best. The replacement lasted for about 20mos. It probably would have lasted longer if only my alternator was not overcharging it.

So far, I haven't heard of case of a Panasonic blowing up.
    Last edited by Horsepower; March 25th, 2020 at 03:09 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The country distributor is TPL along West Avenue, before Bulacan street. I bought a Panasonic 2SM (4-star Thailand) from a dealer in Araneta Ave via phone (delivery and installation free). It went dead on its 16month (warranty is 18mos for the black 4star). Since I'm familiar with how a warranty process works, I went straight to find the country distributor. Took it to them (I borrowed my dad's 2SM Panasonic blue (Made in Japan). They took the battery from the trunk, placed it in the load tester, ruled it's dead, gave me a new one in a sealed box. All in about five minutes. I say, their aftersales is one of the best. The replacement lasted for about 20mos. It probably would have lasted longer if only my alternator was not overcharging it.

So far, I haven't heard of case of a Panasonic blowing up.

The page says that they are the "exclusive distributor". I was wondering maybe the person I talked to yesterday simply does not want to assist me at the moment.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lolotechy View Post
    The page says that they are the "exclusive distributor". I was wondering maybe the person I talked to yesterday simply does not want to assist me at the moment.
    Most likely. Have your battery and receipt with you and it will be replaced. Call first.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Most likely. Have your battery and receipt with you and it will be replaced. Call first.

Too bad they have stopped operating too because of COVID, the good news is that I was able to determine the owner of the shop where I bought it and they will replace it but the catch is... They do not have a stock at the moment and have to wait for their so-called dealer to open as well. hahaha. The only operational battery shop near my place offers a low-maintenance battery but I am hesitant to buy that because I am to sh!tty to monitor the water battery.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Too bad they have stopped operating too because of COVID, the good news is that I was able to determine the owner of the shop where I bought it and they will replace it but the catch is... They do not have a stock at the moment and have to wait for their so-called dealer to open as well. hahaha. The only operational battery shop near my place offers a low-maintenance battery but I am hesitant to buy that because I am to sh!tty to monitor the water battery.
    get a cheap battery. champion by motolite?
    just to bide you over the pandemic crisis.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    mukhang I will have to fight the battery shop at the DTI pa. Upon diagnosis natuyuan daw yung maintenance-free malamang daw commercial use or ginamit ko daw sa grab which sucks dahil nasa 18kms/day lang trip ko, Malabon to QC tapos 9months bumigay. Sana kinuha nila kilometrahe pagkabili ko, e nakaka isang change oil pa lang ako last December so more or less nasa 10-15tkms palang consume ko given na every 5k to 7.5tkms ako nagpapachange oil. Nakakairita lang at pinipilit na Grab ako. anyways, nasa kanila naman ang burden to prove it at alam ko hindi nila mapapatunayan dahil hindi naman. Nakakairita lang

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mukhang I will have to fight the battery shop at the DTI pa. Upon diagnosis natuyuan daw yung maintenance-free malamang daw commercial use or ginamit ko daw sa grab which sucks dahil nasa 18kms/day lang trip ko, Malabon to QC tapos 9months bumigay. Sana kinuha nila kilometrahe pagkabili ko, e nakaka isang change oil pa lang ako last December so more or less nasa 10-15tkms palang consume ko given na every 5k to 7.5tkms ako nagpapachange oil. Nakakairita lang at pinipilit na Grab ako. anyways, nasa kanila naman ang burden to prove it at alam ko hindi nila mapapatunayan dahil hindi naman. Nakakairita lang
    Kaya minsan mas ok pa bumili ng batterya from a well known brand na madaming dealer... ahemmotolite... ahemaron...

Plan ko din dati try yan panasonic.. kaso nag iisa lang dealer malapit..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Kaya minsan mas ok pa bumili ng batterya from a well known brand na madaming dealer... ahemmotolite... ahemaron...

Plan ko din dati try yan panasonic.. kaso nag iisa lang dealer malapit..
    Agree....but....Opposite is true in my neckodawoods. Pana aplenty by friends, Amaron none.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk