New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    After 2 years, sabi ng Honda GH casa, mejo humihina na raw ang battery ko (Motolite Gold). Kakayanin pa naman daw hanggang December pero i-monitor ko na raw.
    get a trickle charger or an intelligent charger?
    some tsikoteers here swear to their effectivity in prolonging useful battery life.
    this may prove to be a useful experiment, one way or the other.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Well Tesla's batteries are made and supplied by Panasonic. Soooo if full electric vehicles from Tesla and other electric car manufacturers are being supplied by Panasonic then for sure Panasonic is a better choice in batteries. Kahit batteries na double A or triple A maganda ang Eneloop brand ni Panasonic.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Well Tesla's batteries are made and supplied by Panasonic. Soooo if full electric vehicles from Tesla and other electric car manufacturers are being supplied by Panasonic then for sure Panasonic is a better choice in batteries. Kahit batteries na double A or triple A maganda ang Eneloop brand ni Panasonic.
    Two issues with what you've raised:

1. Tesla and most EVs use varieties of Lithium-based batteries (LiIon, LiFePo4). Apples and oranges compared to lead-acid based battery chemistry and manufacturing. Though, Panasonic is a reputable brand, that doesn't necessarily equate to them being the best in lead-acid batteries. Personal experience has been, Panasonic car battery failure modes is very similar to Motolite.
    2. The Sanyo Eneloop came out in 2005. Panasonic acquired Sanyo in 2009 as a subsidiary. Sanyo continued to be the OEM for Eneloop up until in 2013 when the Sanyo brand was eventually dropped in favor of Panasonic for the Eneloop batteries. In other words, Sanyo developed the Eneloop, not Panasonic.
    Last edited by oj88; June 30th, 2020 at 04:13 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Two issues with what you've raised:

1. Tesla and most EVs use varieties of Lithium-based batteries (LiIon, LiFePo4). Apples and oranges compared to lead-acid based battery chemistry and manufacturing. Though, Panasonic is a reputable brand, that doesn't necessarily equate to them being the best in lead-acid batteries. Personal experience has been, Panasonic car battery failure modes is very similar to Motolite.
    2. The Sanyo Eneloop came out in 2005. Panasonic acquired Sanyo in 2009 as a subsidiary. Sanyo continued to be the OEM for Eneloop up until in 2013 when the Sanyo brand was eventually dropped in favor of Panasonic for the Eneloop batteries. In other words, Sanyo developed the Eneloop, not Panasonic.
    Di ba may sanyo harmolattice pa.. yun yata nauna bago yan eneloop.. watching youtube videos of project farm.. comparing these batteries.. nakakagulat that some budget batteries can perform at par with branded batts.. he also tested lead acid batteries na mostly made by johnson control.. also watched yung showdown ng portable jump starter from the cheapest to the expensive brand NOCO genius.. hehe. Nangamote yung NOCO naging idiot.. hehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Di ba may sanyo harmolattice pa.. yun yata nauna bago yan eneloop.. watching youtube videos of project farm.. comparing these batteries.. nakakagulat that some budget batteries can perform at par with branded batts.. he also tested lead acid batteries na mostly made by johnson control.. also watched yung showdown ng portable jump starter from the cheapest to the expensive brand NOCO genius.. hehe. Nangamote yung NOCO naging idiot.. hehe
    OT na, but here goes anyway.

Sanyo's background with rechargeable batteries goes way, way back. In the 80's and 90's, I go to Raon with my dad to buy Sanyo NiCd batteries. The NiMH would come later, including the Harmolattice. But as with all NiCd and early NiMH batteries, they had very short lives and were prone to memory effect. Also, they were not suitable for standby emergency use because they self-discharge like crazy and becomes practically flat after several months.

The Sanyo Eneloop, when it came out in 2005, changed all that. It had low self-discharge so they're suitable for long-term use like remotes, wall clocks, and yes, emergency flashlights. The memory effect is still there but not as bad as previous generations.

I think the exception here is the Eneloop Pro, which I believe is a derivative of the Harmolattice family (not sure, but I've owned both and they have similar characteristics and longevity). They have large capacity for power-hungry devices like camera flash units, but have a relatively short cycle life and a higher self-discharge rate compared to regular Eneloops.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Sanyo's background with rechargeable batteries goes way, way back. In the 80's and 90's, I go to Raon with my dad to buy Sanyo NiCd batteries. The NiMH would come later, including the Harmolattice. But as with all NiCd and early NiMH batteries, they had very short lives and were prone to memory effect. Also, they were not suitable for standby emergency use because they self-discharge like crazy and becomes practically flat after several months.

The Sanyo Eneloop, when it came out in 2005, changed all that. It had low self-discharge so they're suitable for long-term use like remotes, wall clocks, and yes, emergency flashlights. The memory effect is still there but not as bad as previous generations.

I think the exception here is the Eneloop Pro, which I believe is a derivative of the Harmolattice family (not sure, but I've owned both and they have similar characteristics and longevity). They have large capacity for power-hungry devices like camera flash units, but have a relatively short cycle life and a higher self-discharge rate compared to regular Eneloops.
    thanks for the info. nice to know. wala palang jack of all trades when it comes to rechargeable batteries. laging may advantages and disadvantages.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Just an update, I went with the Panasonic tough MF (thai) with the 21 month warranty. It cost me 3800 with the trade in of my old battery.

Given that my commute to work is about 12km 1 way, around 45 minutes, 6 days a week, is this enough to maintain the charge of the battery? My stock GS battery lasted 3 yrs and 7 months but during the first year it wasn't used much since I was abroad.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    Just an update, I went with the Panasonic tough MF (thai) with the 21 month warranty. It cost me 3800 with the trade in of my old battery.

Given that my commute to work is about 12km 1 way, around 45 minutes, 6 days a week, is this enough to maintain the charge of the battery? My stock GS battery lasted 3 yrs and 7 months but during the first year it wasn't used much since I was abroad.
    Yes more than enough if you use it 6days a week. Did you get the 2sm or 3sm?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Yes more than enough if you use it 6days a week. Did you get the 2sm or 3sm?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    great, i hope this provides trouble free service to me. Apparently I had the models wrong for my altis. It uses the 1snf or NS60 battery.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Childhood memories... in the 80's we use sanyo NiCad (yellow) batteries for our RC toys... pag naka RC toy ka sikat ka sa mga kalaro mo.. hehehe.. they get very hot after use and during charging.. saglit lang ubos.. was able to use harmollatice.. malakas pero short life span. Now using fujitsu black..

Back to topic.. mura yan panasonic MF at 3800.. yung amaron na pang altis 1nsf nasa 4k plus with trade in.. kakatakot tuloy amaron.. pumuputok pala yan.. sa motolite wala pa ako nakita na pumutok.. mas madalas yung biglang nasisira just right after the warranty expires