New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    To expect something to last only for the duration of its warranty is fine. But if there are other options that can get you a lot further for the same money, I'd take it. Problem with the current Motolites is their price to lifespan ratio. They usually come out as the most expensive option.
    that's fine with me. i grew up with push-starting. not under the steering wheel, but behind the car.
    i'm just not sure, how others will take to replacing their motolites at 24 months, regardless. "push-starting takes skill."

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think it's wrong to equate warranty duration with expected lifespan.

Everywhere I look, the consensus for the average car battery lifespan puts it at four years. If the majority of Motolite batteries die after just 2-3 years, they are well below the Bell curve for the average expected lifespan. That doesn't particularly exude quality.

The only thing going for Motolite is their nationwide presence and delivery service. This, along with brand recall, helps secure their market share. That said, they didn't get there because their products are high quality, rather, they have mastered the supply chain and made it very easy for customers to order from them.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Masyadong mahal nakuha kong Panasonic batter for my Santa Fe (DIN88).
    Nasa 10k damage including delivery at installation.
    Pero no choice, walang ibang sasakyan kasi.
    Hopefully tatagal.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    So my friend’s car battery died...
    Here’s the prices in amaron cebu and one dealer for panasonic:

Panasonic 6k
    Yuasa 7k

Amaron Go Series 5,184.00 17Mo. Warranty
    Amaron highlife 6,048 21Mo. Warranty
    Amaron Pro 6,768.00 24Mo Warranty

My friend choose the highlife... goodchoice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what store ba to boss?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Arz View Post
    In my opinion probably amaron coz it was made by johnson controls they also the maker of varta battery....varta battery lasted 6yrs in my car & hopefully amaron will last 3-4yrs
    I also have Panasonic battery to compare.... So far so good :-)

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    This is the second time I read this, that both Amaron and Varta are part of the same company (conglomerate?). Given that Varta costs roughly the same as Amaron, would it be better to buy Varta instead?

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536