New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka grounded ka... me ikinabit ka bang accessories?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi Guys thanks for all the input, I finally got a replacement battery, my previous and now dead battery was called "Elektron NS-40" you guys have any idea about this brand? I replaced with a similar battery but the brand name was BK battery so just need your inputs if the new battery I got was worth it? cost me 2600 only

And is it true that a sure fire way of determining weather its an alternator or battery problem is after turning on the engine, disconnect the battery, if it continues to run then it was a battery issue, however if after disconnection and the engine dies right away then its an alternator problem? any truth to this?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    This is mostly true with old school diesels. Some ecu of modern fuel injected(diesel or gas) requires regulation thru the battery hence would cut-off fuel once bat gets disconnected and rpm/current is not enough to sustain the solenoids of the pumps, injectors,accessories, etc.

Battery brands? If you pay peanuts, you get monkeysIs it the Battery or my Alternator?????? HEEELP! you get what you paid for.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    actually, mayayari din ang alternator diodes ng mga old school diesel kung ginawa yang "troubleshooting" na iyan......marami pa rin ang gumagawa ng ganyang tipo ng electrical troubleshooting.

wala kasi pupuntahan yung current na napoproduce ng alternator (kung dinisconnect ang isang battery terminal with engine running) kundi dun sa kanya (alternator) mismo.

regarding battery brands, magbasa ka na lang sa isang dedicated thread na nandito sa electrical forum.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    Hi Guys thanks for all the input, I finally got a replacement battery, my previous and now dead battery was called "Elektron NS-40" you guys have any idea about this brand? I replaced with a similar battery but the brand name was BK battery so just need your inputs if the new battery I got was worth it? cost me 2600 only

And is it true that a sure fire way of determining weather its an alternator or battery problem is after turning on the engine, disconnect the battery, if it continues to run then it was a battery issue, however if after disconnection and the engine dies right away then its an alternator problem? any truth to this?
    Tane motolite ang din bakal mo sir. Gin islan mo nga ang baterya tapos hindi naman trusted ang brand. We wouldn't be surprised here if you post the same problem again in a year.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    If it lasts for more than 15 months, sulit na yan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    I replaced with a similar battery but the brand name was BK battery so just need your inputs if the new battery I got was worth it? cost me 2600 only

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

from a layman's point of view...

the battery plate chemicals turn brittle when in the discharged state, and can more easily break off and fall. the more they fall off, the less the battery's ability to hold charge.
    in charged state, these same chemicals are not as brittle and do not fall off.

hence the importance of keeping your battery in charged state.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    My MS battery is 3.5 years old.last week hindi na mag start.it need charging or replace a new one?any idea po thank you...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Bring your car to motolite. They have a tester that can determine if its the battery or alternator.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast