1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Tangaling connection para malagyan mo yun loob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    My 3sm enduro died yesterday. It only last 29 months on my alterra at. Buti na lang may motolite delivery express. Enduro din kinuha ko 5.1k with trade in. Medyo dis appoint lang ako for its price 5.1k di man lang umabot ng 3 yrs parang di sulit. Wala lang kasing nearby nag bebenta ng batt. Kaya nag pa deliver na lang ako. Yung oriental battery sa innova diesel matic exactly 3 yrs nun pinalitan ko. Kahit pwede pa.sya nun pinalitan ko na for.peace of mind.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Maganda if you use car battery voltmeter inside your vehicle para lagi namo-monitor ang battery voltage and charging. Hindi ka mabibigla na lang dead na pala battery.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Maganda if you use car battery voltmeter inside your vehicle para lagi namo-monitor ang battery voltage and charging. Hindi ka mabibigla na lang dead na pala battery.

i used to have a voltmeter, hindi naman accurate yung mga yun masyado. VDO brand yung sakin dati, nagpakita parin 12 volts tapos nun stinart ko yung car at first mabilis yung ikot ng starter tapos right away bumagal tapos nag click na lng... dun lang nagpakita na 8 volts na lng ang battery level ko...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    i used to have a voltmeter, hindi naman accurate yung mga yun masyado. VDO brand yung sakin dati, nagpakita parin 12 volts tapos nun stinart ko yung car at first mabilis yung ikot ng starter tapos right away bumagal tapos nag click na lng... dun lang nagpakita na 8 volts na lng ang battery level ko...

12.0 V is low. The battery is almost flat at that point so internal resistance will be high (and cranking will be poor). Terminal voltage will fall as you apply load (like using the starter), especially if the battery is no longer new.

A fully charged flooded battery should read 12.6 to 12.8 V after the surface charge is removed. Most cars cannot fully charge their batteries because of use case (they don't get driven for hours at a time), so 12.3 to 12.5 V is what most can expect as normal.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    12.0 V is low. The battery is almost flat at that point so internal resistance will be high (and cranking will be poor). Terminal voltage will fall as you apply load (like using the starter), especially if the battery is no longer new.

A fully charged flooded battery should read 12.6 to 12.8 V after the surface charge is removed. Most cars cannot fully charge their batteries because of use case (they don't get driven for hours at a time), so 12.3 to 12.5 V is what most can expect as normal.

i cannot say for sure its at 12.0 exactly because the voltmeter in my car isnt digital, its analog... but yes the battery on that car was old, and i only use that car for city driving...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

with the engine running, the voltmeter shows the alternator's output, po.
    with the engine not running, the voltage displayed is the battery's own.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    with the engine running, the voltmeter shows the alternator's output, po.
    with the engine not running, the voltage displayed is the battery's own.
    yes, with the engine running my voltmeter reads higher than 13 volts, about 14.something i guess...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    i cannot say for sure its at 12.0 exactly because the voltmeter in my car isnt digital, its analog... but yes the battery on that car was old, and i only use that car for city driving...

Ito gamit kong 3 in 1 digital car voltmeter. It is also thermometer and USB charger.

My battery voltage before starting is 12.3V so still good.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    yes, with the engine running my voltmeter reads higher than 13 volts, about 14.something i guess...

That is low. With engine running, voltage reading should be above 14V. Battery will start charging at 13.8V. And the alternator still need to provide power to other electricals.

Battery life span