New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,589
    #61
    Based on the 12v voltmeter I bought, the back print reads;

    "engine off" 11.9 to 12.7 volts

    "engine running" 12.8 to 14.4 volts

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,055
    #62
    Scanguage is pretty much accurate than those plug-in-to-cig-lighter Voltmeters.

    Keep in mind 13.8V is the ideal float charge for any 12VDC system.

    In Telco and military -48V sytems its just multiple of 4, hence 55.2V

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,403
    #63
    ^its not that important to monitor it in milliVolts level

    Whats important is one can deduce a dead cell of 2.1V from a total of 12.6V (6cells)

    Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,099
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^its not that important to monitor it in milliVolts level

    Whats important is one can deduce a dead cell of 2.1V from a total of 12.6V (6cells)

    Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk
    in the olden days, we would replace a dead cell or two, in lieu of discarding the entire battery. ... money issues and all that...
    i wonder, is this still done today?

  5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,468
    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in the olden days, we would replace a dead cell or two, in lieu of discarding the entire battery. ... money issues and all that...
    i wonder, is this still done today?
    mas madali yata ngayon bro ..

    epsom salt to revive car battery - Google Search

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,099
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    talagah!!!
    masubukan nga...

    in the olden days, tinutunaw yung aspalto at hahatakin yung dead cell, and replace the old plates inside with new ones.

  7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,468
    #67
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    talagah!!!
    masubukan nga...

    in the olden days, tinutunaw yung aspalto at hahatakin yung dead cell, and replace the old plates inside with new ones.
    maganda daw gawin yan after warranty and working pa ang battery. like having a brand new batt all over again.

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,099
    #68
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    maganda daw gawin yan after warranty and working pa ang battery. like having a brand new batt all over again.
    sayang!
    i just traded in my old battery a couple of weeks ago.
    the signs of impending doom were becoming frequent-er.

  9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9
    #69
    Normal po ba na hanggang 3 buwan lang yung charge ng battery ng car? OFW kasi ako. Yung bayaw ko start lang every week ginagawa, di alam mag drive. Bago naman yung battery. Last January lang noong uwi ko.

  10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9
    #70
    Quote Originally Posted by jrman View Post
    Normal po ba na hanggang 3 buwan lang yung charge ng battery ng car? OFW kasi ako. Yung bayaw ko start lang every week ginagawa, di alam mag drive. Bago naman yung battery. Last January lang noong uwi ko.

    Sentra b15 AT auto ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Battery drain.