New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomx View Post
    I'm guessing it's not. I took out the caps and look into the plates and I noticed that the fluid level is low. I just filled it up. Though, would this be the cause?
    to add up to the forum

filling the battery with fresh batt fluid without recharging may lower the specific gravity of the batt solution (= lower voltage and amps)....

hindi kaya nagkakaroon ng short-to-ground? to determine a short-to-ground, i use a method i got from an auto electrical course manual, the sealed beam method:

1. use a device that consumes less amps (ex. 55W sealed beam consumes 4-6 amps in a 12 V system)
    2. remove the fuse of the "suspect" circuit and connect the headlight.
    3. Remove the connection points of the "suspect" circuit one by one until the headlamp lights on. your last disconnection point is where the short is located.

sana makatulong.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mbk347 View Post
    maybe your electrical has problems within, because based on my experience, cars never stall while driving because of the battery, but if you think its the battery have it checked by a reputable battery technician... might i suggest you get a higher amp battery because you've started using HID bulbs... like motolite excel or AMARON hi-life...
    +1 for that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Battery - Completely Died While Driving