New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Madalas nyo bang makita ang ganitong klaseng corrosion?

Hindi lang sa Amaron nagkakaroon ng ganitong corrosion kahit ano pang brand nagkakaroon ng ganito.

Kung hindi magstart ang oto mo, tingnan mo muna kung may ganito ang terminal ng battery mo. Brush lang ang katapat nyan at tubig, brushin mo lng hanggang lumambot ang umido at mawala or maubos. Nakakabawas ng contact ang corrosion minsan wala talagang contact kapag sobrang kapal na. At minsan kelangan idismantle ang batt terminal para maalis ang corrosion sa palibot ng battery post.

Sana makatulong ito ng konti sa inyo guys.

Sent from my A37f using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    nagkakaroon ng ganyan pag maluwag na ung battery terminal at madalas nababasa ng tubig..kaya dapat palaging mahigpit ang batt terminal.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    This should not happen in the first place on your battery if it is maintenance free. If it does return the battery to your dealer kasi may leak yan and it will definitely drain your battery liquid and destroy your battery early.

Quote Originally Posted by Admer and 3J View Post

Hindi lang sa Amaron nagkakaroon ng ganitong corrosion kahit ano pang brand nagkakaroon ng ganito.

Kung hindi magstart ang oto mo, tingnan mo muna kung may ganito ang terminal ng battery mo. Brush lang ang katapat nyan at tubig, brushin mo lng hanggang lumambot ang umido at mawala or maubos. Nakakabawas ng contact ang corrosion minsan wala talagang contact kapag sobrang kapal na. At minsan kelangan idismantle ang batt terminal para maalis ang corrosion sa palibot ng battery post.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

this shouldn't happen.
    you have a defective battery. cracked battery cover, etc.
    but to convince the dealer that the battery came like that... that you did not cause it by connecting the metal terminal using a bad maneuver... good luck.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Experience ko lang.. sa auv namin dati na panget electrical wiring ganyan lagi battery.. nag uumido.. nung ma re-wire yung auv namin nawala yan kahit na de tubig yung battery.. so duda ko may parasitic load yan "grounded" sa common terms or may loose somewhere kaya ganyan

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Have you checked the Electricals on the vehicle? I had one case where some chemicals coke up just outside the battery fill holes after 1 year of normal operation (and appearance). but on mine, it was accompanied by Low-Battery so I checked the terminals and was having almost 0 resistance between + and - terminals which indicate a short somewhere. removed the fuses one by one, culprit was the door lamp - the red light on the driver/passanger door. Removed the fuse and Battery would function normally afterwards.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It happens to my previous vehicles. A friend of mine told me that sometimes different materials used on battery terminals and wire termination can have the effect. When I switched to lead terminals, it never happened to me anymore.

HTH

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    It happens to my previous vehicles. A friend of mine told me that sometimes different materials used on battery terminals and wire termination can have the effect. When I switched to lead terminals, it never happened to me anymore.

HTH

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk
    lead does not react with battery acid.
    many years ago, lead was the metal of choice for battery cable terminal clamp metal. at that time kasi, battery technology was still not as good as today's, and neither was voltage regulator science. every battery would cause the non-lead terminal clamps to develop white deposits and loosen.
    lead clamps do not do this. but because lead was soft, it deformed with time and got loose, and the resulting electrical connections got weak. we had to regularly service them terminals.
    in response, manufacturers introduced the harder metal alloys like brass, copper, and others, which would oxidize naman, necessitating regular maintenance, cleaning and tightening.
    it is only now, with better battery sealing, that non-lead clamps can last longer, without regular maintenance.

notice that even today, all our auto batteries still use lead for their battery terminal posts.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 11th, 2017 at 12:13 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Just make sure your battery terminal clamps are tight.

...and put some silicon grease (grease ha, not sealant).

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EssB View Post
    Just make sure your battery terminal clamps are tight.

...and put some silicon grease (grease ha, not sealant).

silicone not silicon

pero pwede rin general-purpose grease

not enough people are doing this. but it's so easy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast