New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 214 of 225 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    did the friend mention how much it cost him to replace them caps?

and yes,
    some caps do last long.
    it's a gamble, what the buyer gets in his purchase.
    when he plugged the charger, he heard a pop sound then the charger went dead.. upon inspection, main cap in the DC output popped.

i replaced the caps.. bought at an electronic shop for 80 petot.. i forgot the brand but its a known brand.. given the same ratings, the new caps are larger compared to the stock caps installed in the charger.

you can really see that the caps are made up to spec and quality materials.. not like the stock caps installed in the device

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    I believe na if it ain’t broke why fix it?

Mura lang naman ito, first time to buy a car battery charger. If ever masira will consider buying yung pricey na mas matibay tibay na.

Still thank you sa suggestion Amaron battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    more like an upgrade po.. the charger design is good naman.. its just the stock caps in DC output needs to be replaced with a good one for better performance.

or don't leave the charger unsupervised.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    when he plugged the charger, he heard a pop sound then the charger went dead.. upon inspection, main cap in the DC output popped.

i replaced the caps.. bought at an electronic shop for 80 petot.. i forgot the brand but its a known brand.. given the same ratings, the new caps are larger compared to the stock caps installed in the charger.

you can really see that the caps are made up to spec and quality materials.. not like the stock caps installed in the device
    perusing lazada,
    i saw a similar-looking charger as the yellow one here.
    it costs 399 bucks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yup its really cheap charger.. good design naman at yung electronics na "smart".

price wise, goods na.. i don't know if may factor yung battery size being recharged.. kasi yung sa friend ko 3sm battery yun recharged nya..

sa CTEK charger, sa initial phase of charging, you can feel the connectors and wires getting warm

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    yup its really cheap charger.. good design naman at yung electronics na "smart".

price wise, goods na.. i don't know if may factor yung battery size being recharged.. kasi yung sa friend ko 3sm battery yun recharged nya..

sa CTEK charger, sa initial phase of charging, you can feel the connectors and wires getting warm
    larger capacity batteries just take longer to charge, that's all.
    if built well, chargers used within their parameters should have not trouble lasting long.
    if "not built well"... heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 18th, 2021 at 12:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Which amaron is often being referred to in this thread? Hi life, go or pro. I'm being offered hi life for 4900 and go for 4000 net of 200 trade in. I'm now coming off Emtrac, after several Motolite golds. Emtrac lasted longer than my Motolites, but I don't know it's equivalent with Amaron.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Ano nangyari sa emtrac mo sir?

Ramdom question. Are DIN type batteries and JIS type (1SM/2SM/3SM) interchangeable? Assuming that the ah, and cca are higher?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Ano nangyari sa emtrac mo sir?

Ramdom question. Are DIN type batteries and JIS type (1SM/2SM/3SM) interchangeable? Assuming that the ah, and cca are higher?

Ang isang maaaring concern ay yung physical dimensions ata sir.

Sent from my XQ-AS72 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    totoo bang walang akmang battery ang amaron para sa mga expe or nambobola lang iyong seller kasi wala siyang stock?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    totoo bang walang akmang battery ang amaron para sa mga expe or nambobola lang iyong seller kasi wala siyang stock?
    "expe" = Expedition?

What battery does it have now (make and model)?

Model year and trim of your vehicle?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    G65 kasi ang Expedition, wala talaga si Amaron bro.

Amaron battery