New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 201 of 202 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2020
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,363
    #2001
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    a dying battery can keep power for a few hours but not overnight

    pwede pa tiisin ung every morning jump start

    in the course of the day no need to jump start

    dati i put up with that pero now pag hirap na mag start sa umaga pinapalitan ko na
    towards the end,
    the battery can keep the charge for only a few minutes.
    if you take a quick shower after disconnecting the charger, you won't be able to start the car.

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    35,069
    #2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    towards the end,
    the battery can keep the charge for only a few minutes.
    if you take a quick shower after disconnecting the charger, you won't be able to start the car.
    yes kaya bakit paabutin hanggang ganyan

    palitan na pag di na kaya mag keep charge overnight

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18
    #2003
    Once my Motolite dies, I'll try to replace it with Amaron. But I'm having second thoughts, because they only accept cash and only between 8am and 5pm. Paano kung maabutan ako sa gabi at wala akong cash?

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,862
    #2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ako din pag naramdaman ko na pahina na ang battery papalitan ko na

    i don't get why people still put up with a battery that can no longer keep power overnight

    hassle yan eh
    Sa battery ko once ko lang naramdaman yung hard starting then the next time I tried it dead na hahah! Personally I just like to use an object until it dies, not just with batteries pero pati sa phone, tv, laptop etc

    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    1. cost. it is easy to put up with it, if one does not have the money to buy a new battery. as i recall, in our younger years, we would push-start the car for 1-2 months, before finally coming up with the money for a new battery. well... re-built battery. it's cheaper than a brand new battery by a couple of hundred... 200 hundred bucks was already big money back then.

    2. ignorance re. the nature of dead battery syndrome.
    doc, isn't that the responsibility of the parents to pay for the maintenance of the car? You can't expect students to have the money to pay for it talaga

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,363
    #2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vubando View Post
    Once my Motolite dies, I'll try to replace it with Amaron. But I'm having second thoughts, because they only accept cash and only between 8am and 5pm. Paano kung maabutan ako sa gabi at wala akong cash?
    buy a cheap, basic car battery charger. you can get one for less than 2K from the mall.
    if you are stranded within plugging range, it will charge your battery, so's you can drive to the battery store.

    or,
    you can do what my colleague does.
    palit battery every 2 years or so, whatever the condition of the battery.

    is motolite battery delivery available even at night?

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,363
    #2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post


    doc, isn't that the responsibility of the parents to pay for the maintenance of the car? You can't expect students to have the money to pay for it talaga
    ... for the maintenance of MY car? of course.

    otherwise, para mo nang sinabi na it is the responsibility of the parents to buy their kids a car.

  7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,601
    #2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ako din pag naramdaman ko na pahina na ang battery papalitan ko na

    i don't get why people still put up with a battery that can no longer keep power overnight

    hassle yan eh
    Probably the cost of new battery and they want to push it till the battery is dead. My car is automatic and I dont want to gamble on that once I felt the starting is a bit off then it is time to replaced with a new one... not unless the problem lies with the alternator.

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,862
    #2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ... for the maintenance of MY car? of course.

    otherwise, para mo nang sinabi na it is the responsibility of the parents to buy their kids a car.
    I meant if they buy their kids a car, they pay for everything that goes with it (maintenance, gas, insurance etc) I assume you were a student then? Kasi if you are working na then you have the salary naman to pay for it than go through the nightmare of push starting a car for 1 to 2 months

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,363
    #2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Probably the cost of new battery and they want to push it till the battery is dead. My car is automatic and I dont want to gamble on that once I felt the starting is a bit off then it is time to replaced with a new one... not unless the problem lies with the alternator.

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    AT car owners should have a car battery charger...
    having the motolite delivery phone number on one's speed dial is also a very good idea.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,862
    #2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    buy a cheap, basic car battery charger. you can get one for less than 2K from the mall.
    if you are stranded within plugging range, it will charge your battery, so's you can drive to the battery store.

    or,
    you can do what my colleague does.
    palit battery every 2 years or so, whatever the condition of the battery.

    is motolite battery delivery available even at night?
    afaik 24 hrs kasi my office buddy had a dead battery around midnight and still got one delivered

Amaron battery