New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 195 of 225 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Wouldn't this affect the electrical components of the car if you let the battery be disconnected from it for 3 months, Dr. D?
    like whistler says, you'll just have to manually reset them.
    no big deal, naman.
    it's nothing a big glass of lemonade won't fix.

if you have misgivings in disconnecting it,
    you can leave the battery connected to the car.

after the several months' quarantine, i started my car, whose battery i left connected.
    it started, naman.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 16th, 2020 at 07:29 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I'd remove the whole battery then hook it up to the charger if I'm gonna be away for more than 2 weeks. If less than that I'd just remove the negative terminal right after charging. Ang ayaw ko lang yun settings marereset ulit.

Has anyone used one of those car memory savers?

ok thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    like whistler says, you'll just have to manually reset them.
    no big deal, naman.
    it's nothing a big glass of lemonade won't fix.

if you have misgivings in disconnecting it,
    you can leave the battery connected to the car.

after the several months' quarantine, i started my car, whose battery i left connected.
    it started, naman.

thanks dr d!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Tanong lang, if you are not going to use your car for 3 months, is it okay to just remove the negative terminal so as to conserve the energy in the battery? Tapos I plan on just recharging the battery at least once a month by a 15-20 minute charging then remove the negative terminal again.

Would this be okay without any repercussion to the car's electrical components?

Masyado matagal yan. Ipagamit mo sa piangkakatiwalaan mo. Ang sasakyan dapat ginagamit para humaba buhay. Pag natengga doon nasisira.

Ito pandemic iniwan ng friend ko mobilio nya sa akin. Ito ginagamit ko grabe katipid. Pag nakafocus ako sa kilometer per liter eh nakaka 17. Pero pag hindi ko tinitingnan eh 14kilometers.

For a wagon looking car eh napakasulit tapos gaso na tahimik pa.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EE100shiro View Post
    The indicator showing green means battery is ok, and no refills (distilled water) required. Inside the indicator there's s small green ball that floats to indicate battery is fine. In case the indicator show silver/clear means battery needs charging or refills of distilled water
    Unless you have a built-in indicator for every cell, that single indicator doesn't always tell you the true status of the other cells.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Unless you have a built-in indicator for every cell, that single indicator doesn't always tell you the true status of the other cells.
    agree bro, dyan ako nadale ng 3k battery

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EE100shiro View Post
    The indicator showing green means battery is ok, and no refills (distilled water) required. Inside the indicator there's s small green ball that floats to indicate battery is fine. In case the indicator show silver/clear means battery needs charging or refills of distilled water
    the indicator window suggests the condition of only that one cell.
    it is not concerned about the other five cells.
    i would still open all the cells to check.

para siyang rapid antibody test for covid.
    it gives only 17% of the information one needs.

in the olden days, when voltage regulators were electromechanical and not solid-state,
    we would peer into them battery cells every month.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 17th, 2020 at 12:31 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yung amaron ko sa kia picanto ko dati.. iniwan ko yata for 2 months sa parking.. although bago yung battery na yun (NS40) hindi ko alam bakit na discharge ng todo... pag silip ko dun sa window nya.. wala na yung green.. pero nung na recharge na bumalik yung green. was able to use pa yung battery for 4 years.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I dont have a battery charger so I just start my car every weekend and let it sit for 10 to 15mins to give the battery some juice this is what im doing right now for my idle vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    yung amaron ko sa kia picanto ko dati.. iniwan ko yata for 2 months sa parking.. although bago yung battery na yun (NS40) hindi ko alam bakit na discharge ng todo... pag silip ko dun sa window nya.. wala na yung green.. pero nung na recharge na bumalik yung green. was able to use pa yung battery for 4 years.
    perhaps the battery had not yet fully charged, when the engine was shut down.
    it's common enough among predominantly night drivers.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I dont have a battery charger so I just start my car every weekend and let it sit for 10 to 15mins to give the battery some juice this is what im doing right now for my idle vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    a home car battery charger is a must, if one's car is an automatic.
    a basic, cheap charger costs less than 2K. i use mine for less than 20 minutes only, to charge the battery so's i can start the car. my next destination would be the battery store. it's convenient for me, as the store is near the workplace.

for MT cars na hindi diesel,
    "push start" kings, that's us.

Amaron battery