New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 194 of 225 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Mag wa one year nana amaron hi life ko, from amaron GO user 3 years 6 months lifespan, hindi ko pa na experience sumabog battery ko.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20200815_203605.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^doctor ata nagsulat nyan

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EE100shiro View Post
    Mag wa one year nana amaron hi life ko, from amaron GO user 3 years 6 months lifespan, hindi ko pa na experience sumabog battery ko.
    Shhhh....you won't wanna jinx it.🤞

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The warranty on mine will end in 10 days. It's still 100% SOH and I thought I'd give it some TLC.

PRECAUTIONS:
    1. Wear safety glasses (I used glasses and a face shield)
    2. Wear safety gloves
    3. Use non-metallic prying tools (I used a plastic prying tool designed to open mobile devices)

I undid the caps and I can see that the electrolyte levels are still ok. Though the crud build-up after 21 months needed to come off.

I washed the caps with soap, thoroughly rinsed with water, and then dried them off completely with compressed air. FWIW, I believe the caps have a regulating valve inside. Nothing sophisticated but I think it just prevents gasses from venting out. It sort of works like your radiator cap and as a safety precaution, it will/should start venting when a certain pressure is reached. I think that dirt build-up can clog or cause this vent to stick which could prevent gasses from escaping when it needs to.

I did my best to clean off most of the dirt under the caps using paper towels, careful not to let them fall into the filler holes. I then put the cap back on but not entirely inserted while I give it a maintenance charge for a few hours.

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Tanong lang, if you are not going to use your car for 3 months, is it okay to just remove the negative terminal so as to conserve the energy in the battery? Tapos I plan on just recharging the battery at least once a month by a 15-20 minute charging then remove the negative terminal again.

Would this be okay without any repercussion to the car's electrical components?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    ^doctor ata nagsulat nyan
    Chinese nag sulat nyan, binili ko sa parañaque pit stop ata store nun, chinese yung nag kabit ng battery at nag sulat ng warranty, sya rin ata may ari ng battery store ? Every Wednesday lagi ko chinacharge amaron battery ko using ctek mxs 5.0 hindi naman sumabog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1597564883207.jpg  

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Tanong lang, if you are not going to use your car for 3 months, is it okay to just remove the negative terminal so as to conserve the energy in the battery? Tapos I plan on just recharging the battery at least once a month by a 15-20 minute charging then remove the negative terminal again.

Would this be okay without any repercussion to the car's electrical components?

the probably more intelligent choice would be to disconnect the battery and charge it until it's fully charged.
    then, re-charge it periodically.
    this should preserve battery longevity.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 16th, 2020 at 05:23 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    The indicator showing green means battery is ok, and no refills (distilled water) required. Inside the indicator there's s small green ball that floats to indicate battery is fine. In case the indicator show silver/clear means battery needs charging or refills of distilled water

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'd remove the whole battery then hook it up to the charger if I'm gonna be away for more than 2 weeks. If less than that I'd just remove the negative terminal right after charging. Ang ayaw ko lang yun settings marereset ulit.

Has anyone used one of those car memory savers?
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; August 16th, 2020 at 07:02 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the probably more intelligent choice would be to disconnect the battery and charge it until it's fully charged.
    then, re-charge it periodically.
    this should preserve battery longevity.

Wouldn't this affect the electrical components of the car if you let the battery be disconnected from it for 3 months, Dr. D?

Amaron battery