New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 161 of 225 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    We replaced one of our 5+ year old Amaron batteries even though it was still in fair condition. The car's often driven long distances by a female family member na marunong lang mag drive (but somewhat clueless about car maintenance) kaya pinapalitan na namin. Kami rin kasi mahihirapan na tatawagan niya for help if her car won't start in the middle of nowhere...

===
    Kaya I don't consider "lady driven" a plus point when I see a used car for sale. More often than not, neglected yun na vehicle.
    long distance driving is the battery's friend.
    they last longer, compared to short drives, wherein the battery does not get the chance to fully recharge.

in our experience, long distance driving has resulted in over 2 times the lifespan of a battery, compared to a car used in city driving only.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    long distance driving is the battery's friend.
    they last longer, compared to short drives, wherein the battery does not get the chance to fully recharge.

in our experience, long distance driving has resulted in over 2 times the lifespan of a battery, compared to a car used in city driving only.
    Hmmm. That means my battery is really good. Most of my drives are below 10 km. Mostly within 2 km.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Replaced the Amaron on the Granvia today. It still starts, but there was some faltering on the cranking when going home today. Went to Jawe, and was told it was nearing the end of the line. That would be 8-6-2016 to 11-19-2018. So 2 years, 3 months and 13 days. A bit disappointing, but understandable considering the number of times the battery was drained due to alternator problems. The van is a daily driver in mostly city driving and has racked up about 20tkms since.

Replaced, again, with another Amaron Hi Life 3SM. Paid P6200 minus P300 for the old battery. With the entire alternator replaced 7 months ago, hopefully this battery will last longer...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    The Amaron Pro 65B24LS (never been opened) lasted for 3.27 years. We replaced it with Amaron Go 46B24LS. Sa Jawe ko pa binili ung Pro dati, pero ung Go sa Sucat Road near PATTS. Nagkalat na ang Amaron ngayon...may libreng car charger at taho pa

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    The Amaron Pro 65B24LS (never been opened) lasted for 3.27 years. We replaced it with Amaron Go 46B24LS. Sa Jawe ko pa binili ung Pro dati, pero ung Go sa Sucat Road near PATTS. Nagkalat na ang Amaron ngayon...may libreng car charger at taho pa
    Saan yung free car charger at taho

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Normal ba sa 3SM battery ng Amaron yung magkaroon ng corrosion sa terminal? At 21months (near warranty expiration) nagkaroon ng corrosion sa negative terminal yung 3sm ko, tapos nung pinatingin ko sa shop na pinagbilhan ko to avail of the warranty sabi ng Amaron mismo na normal daw yun for this type of battery.

Sinubukan ko ibang battery to check if its the alternator undercharging--nope malinis yung terminals after a long drive after using another brand battery.

Car is a fortuner 2.5G. Also, malakas pa yung kargado nung Amaron, no problems in starting the engine. Nakakadismaya lang na may corrosion sa terminals ko.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    Normal ba sa 3SM battery ng Amaron yung magkaroon ng corrosion sa terminal? At 21months (near warranty expiration) nagkaroon ng corrosion sa negative terminal yung 3sm ko, tapos nung pinatingin ko sa shop na pinagbilhan ko to avail of the warranty sabi ng Amaron mismo na normal daw yun for this type of battery.

Sinubukan ko ibang battery to check if its the alternator undercharging--nope malinis yung terminals after a long drive after using another brand battery.

Car is a fortuner 2.5G. Also, malakas pa yung kargado nung Amaron, no problems in starting the engine. Nakakadismaya lang na may corrosion sa terminals ko.

Normal Lang yan, specially if you have used the battery for more than a year then some white substance starts to appear. Mostly because of moisture. Then sometimes it is the effect of electricity passing through 2 different metals, Battery post is lead while terminal clamp is bronze or iron. Just clean it with water and brushing. Then rub on a thin film of petroleum jelly or brake fluid on the clamp to prevent it from coming again soon.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

it depends. if it is so little, i would be willing to overlook it as a problem. but if it is really heavy..

causes include:
    1. overcharging.
    2. cracked battery casing or cover. someone manhandled the terminal, resulting in a crack.
    3. old-style batteries. they were not designed to effectively minimize corrosive fumes from escaping.

none of our vehicles have shown corrosion or salt-like deposits, since we shifted to less-maintenance batteries.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 8th, 2018 at 01:37 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Basically, crap on negative terminal is likely from charge deprivation. This is observed more on cars constantly on short trips where the alternator doesn't get enough time to juice the batt up.
    On the positive terminal? Check your charging. It might be above normal.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by PNOI MOTORISTA View Post
    Normal Lang yan, specially if you have used the battery for more than a year then some white substance starts to appear. Mostly because of moisture. Then sometimes it is the effect of electricity passing through 2 different metals, Battery post is lead while terminal clamp is bronze or iron. Just clean it with water and brushing. Then rub on a thin film of petroleum jelly or brake fluid on the clamp to prevent it from coming again soon.
    Yung clamp ng toyota parang bronze kasi medyo brown yung kulay.. o baka kalawang na because of the corrosion. Ang dami na kasi nung naipong white powder sa negative so nilinis ko na ng baking soda / hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it depends. if it is so little, i would be willing to overlook it as a problem. but if it is really heavy..

causes include:
    1. overcharging.
    2. cracked battery casing or cover. someone manhandled the terminal, resulting in a crack.
    3. old-style batteries. they were not designed to effectively minimize corrosive fumes from escaping.

none of our vehicles have shown corrosion or salt-like deposits, since we shifted to less-maintenance batteries.
    Sir accd to my earlier post mas marami yung nasa negative terminal, so I already tried testing with another battery if its the alternator or the battery.. turns out it was the battery since I did not get corrosion with the other brand.

Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Basically, crap on negative terminal is likely from charge deprivation. This is observed more on cars constantly on short trips where the alternator doesn't get enough time to juice the batt up.
    On the positive terminal? Check your charging. It might be above normal.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    More on the negative, almost none on the positive terminal. Again, I tried with another battery to replicate symptoms... and no corrosion was spotted. It was the Amaron battery.

Amaron battery