New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 200 of 225 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I always check my alternator charge and the moment when I start the car and if it feels a bit different (hard starting) I change the battery right away. I know it will still last for about a week but better be safe and sure. I just had my cable booster on my car trunk.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I always check my alternator charge and the moment when I start the car and if it feels a bit different (hard starting) I change the battery right away. I know it will still last for about a week but better be safe and sure. I just had my cable booster on my car trunk.

where do you attach the other side of your cable to?
    i mean, not every other car owner will allow their car to be connected to a stranger's car...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    where do you attach the other side of your cable to?
    i mean, not every other car owner will allow their car to be connected to a stranger's car...
    Well, the cable booster has been in my car for more than 10yrs and glad that I never use it even once. Worst case scenario if there will be no available car to jump start I just call my car insurance 24/7 assist or call motolite.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Well, the cable booster has been in my car for more than 10yrs and glad that I never use it even once. Worst case scenario if there will be no available car to jump start I just call my car insurance 24/7 assist or call motolite.

Test it. I once found out too late the thick jumper I had sitting was all insulation w/ few thin strands inside. It did nothing. This is the 'peace' I've been carrying since.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005

ako din pag naramdaman ko na pahina na ang battery papalitan ko na

i don't get why people still put up with a battery that can no longer keep power overnight

hassle yan eh
    Last edited by uls; November 28th, 2020 at 10:48 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ako din pag naramdaman ko na iba pahina na ang battery papalitan ko na

i don't get why people still put up with a battery that can no longer keep power overnight

hassle yan eh
    1. cost. it is easy to put up with it, if one does not have the money to buy a new battery. as i recall, in our younger years, we would push-start the car for 1-2 months, before finally coming up with the money for a new battery. well... re-built battery. it's cheaper than a brand new battery by a couple of hundred... 200 hundred bucks was already big money back then.

2. ignorance re. the nature of dead battery syndrome.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dati di pa uso ang jump starter... sa umaga pag ayaw mag start i'd charge the battery with a 12V charger for several minutes -- just enough power for the starter to crank then let the alternator continue charging the battery

i'd drive without aircon para mas mabilis mag charge haha

then later in the day pag balik sa kotse fingers crossed sana mag start

the things i used to put up with

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    doubledouble.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 28th, 2020 at 11:11 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    dati di pa uso ang jump starter... sa umaga pag ayaw mag start i'd charge the battery with a 12V charger for several minutes -- just enough power for the starter to crank then let the alternator continue charging the battery

i'd drive without aircon para mas mabilis mag charge haha

then later in the day pag balik sa kotse fingers crossed sana mag start

the things i used to put up with
    it would appear,
    you answered your own question above.

i also charge my dead battery, just so's i can start the car.
    my next stop, is the battery store. fortunately, it's near the workplace.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it would appear,
    you answered your own question above.

i also charge my dead battery, just so's i can start the car.
    my next stop, is the battery store. fortunately, it's near the workplace.
    a dying battery can keep power for a few hours but not overnight

pwede pa tiisin ung every morning jump start

in the course of the day no need to jump start

dati i put up with that pero now pag hirap na mag start sa umaga pinapalitan ko na

Amaron battery