New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 182 of 225 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    our suking vulcanizing at battery shop charges 50-100pesos to charge your battery depending on size

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    OT

When jump starting vehicle for example a good battery 1SNF and a dead battery 3SMF. Can 1SNF supply enough current to jumpstart 3SMF battery?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    OT

When jump starting vehicle for example a good battery 1SNF and a dead battery 3SMF. Can 1SNF supply enough current to jumpstart 3SMF battery?

Not outright.

Bulk-charge the 3SM first while connected to the donor car (with engine running) for a few minutes. Start the stalled vehicle once there's sufficient charge in the 3SM battery so that not all current comes from the donor vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Not outright.

Bulk-charge the 3SM first while connected to the donor car (with engine running) for a few minutes. Start the stalled vehicle once there's sufficient charge in the 3SM battery so that not all current comes from the donor vehicle.
    Okay noted I thought a small battery would not give enough juice to power up 3smf.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Just as long as the Battery is not fully flat/discharged kaya ng even a small size battery. Concept is to add extra Amps on it kse naka parallel connection. And yep exactly yun sabi ni *oj88, dapat lagi running engine ng Donor and don't right away start it. Another important is the Quality jumper cable, marami now Malaki lang hitsura but ampaw konti lang copper inside, kaya hindi sya makajump start.

But goin back to exploded Amaron….anyare tlaga?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I wish all car batteries have transparent (not translucent) casings. I remember during the 80's that a Motolite competitor started selling those (Please, those who remember what brand it was, refresh my memory.... it's driving me insane). At the time, Motolite was using the traditional hard rubber encasement.

Anyway, it was marketed to be easier on maintenance as you can literally see the water level as well the condition of the plates. Today, you can only see transparent cases only on certain small batteries like those used on motorcycles.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    When I was a kid ang remember ko lang yun small battery ng 125 Yamaha Motor namin...Yuasa see through talga and kita yung brownish plates nya...At that age akala ko ganun lang tlaga kalalaki ang mga Battery hehehe..Then when I was in Grade school na dun ko nalaman na ang Motolite and others, Too many car battery assembly shop sprouted in and nagcame up ng kanyang mga brand na all ending in LITE. lol, Ang alam ko lang meron one brand na White casing starts with V ung brand....Varta yata not sure..pero hindi sya yun totally see thru..maaninag mo lang water level nya kase nga white yun casing na parang lagayan ng gallong ng suka kaya kita mo ung water level. Yun yung battery ng Cimaron Jeep nun and Ford Fiera.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I wish all car batteries have transparent (not translucent) casings. I remember during the 80's that a Motolite competitor started selling those (Please, those who remember what brand it was, refresh my memory.... it's driving me insane). At the time, Motolite was using the traditional hard rubber encasement.

Anyway, it was marketed to be easier on maintenance as you can literally see the water level as well the condition of the plates. Today, you can only see transparent cases only on certain small batteries like those used on motorcycles.
    my guess is,
    it may have been convenient,
    but it may have not been strong enough.

i have not even a vague memory of that see-thru battery case for cars...
    but i do have memories of a transluscent dirty white case...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016

Hindi ba Outlast Yun, also from the manufacturer of Motolite, which is ramcar I think

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Hindi ba Outlast Yun, also from the manufacturer of Motolite, which is ramcar I think
    Outlast was blue. Powerhouse, a Ramcar brand, was white. Prior to Unson Motolite & Ramcar merging in the 90s, they were competitors.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Amaron battery