New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph20 View Post
    My problem is pag tumatapak ako sa break, nag didim gauge ko, para bang more consumption ng energy, bumababa idle ko and electricty?? Alternator problem po kaya???

joseph,
    your alternator is a big part of your charging system. without the battery, the alternator rotor or field will not have excitation. in an alternator, the rotor is the field and its magnetic field is regulated by of course the regulator to increase or decrease the magnetic flux that induce current to the stator. the rotor or field of course gets its energy from the battery until it generates on its own but it will be minimal unless the battery augments the self excitation current. so, if the battery is marginal you get the point, the output will be low too.
    jick

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph20 View Post
    My problem is pag tumatapak ako sa break, nag didim gauge ko, para bang more consumption ng energy, bumababa idle ko and electricty?? Alternator problem po kaya???

Joseph - pa check mo sa electrical shop para sure. old model na ba sasakyan mo? i would suggest magpakabit ka ng voltmeter sa sasakyan mo. this was supposed to be one of the more impt accessory na nakakabit sa mga sasakyan, pero dahil cost cutting mga auto industries, hndi na nila kinakabit.

This will cost you mga P1200 ~ P1500, pero at least malalaman mo if meron prob alternator mo and will spare you the hassle na matirik sa gitna ng daan.

nagpakabit na ako nito sa mga old cars ko - at least more than 3years old na sasakyan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    uhhm... the battery is ok. in fact two weeks old pa lang ito. motolite maintenance free na battery. yeah... i saw the meter they used when testing. pumapalo sa negative 30 (-30) yung amps kapag bukas yung mga lights. talo talaga.

i am thinking if it is really the alternator at fault (showing obvious symptoms), or, meron grounded sa wiring ko, causing the power drain. can a grounded wiring cause the same symptoms ba?
    Pa check mo na lang sa auto electrical shop alam nila diprensiya niyan . Labor ng nagpagawa ako 150.00 pesos at diperensiya iyong brush sa loob upod na.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Alternator problem?