New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i was driving one day and my battery light came on for about 5sec. after about 10 min later...it came on again. sometimes it doesnt come on till 2-3 days later doing the same thing appearing for 5sec or a little more. also...sometimes my car would start overheating so i decided to try raising up my RPM and all of a sudden, the temp went back to normal. could it be my alternator? or my belt?

i replaced the belt today so i wouldnt know if the problem went away. also, one reason why i replaced my belt is that, it squeeks and its worn out. after i replaced my belt the squeeking was still there, so i decide to tighten it a little more and in went away. it only squeeks when i rev a the engine my tapping the gas. what can be the problem. i have a 94 accord. thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    can anybody out there help?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung sandali lang nag light ang battery mo okay lang . kung steady light uubusin iyang battery mo kung matagal mo gamitin sasakyan na naka aircon . Nangyari na sa akin ito ang dahilan alternator may naputol na wire. Pa check mo na lang sa electrical shop.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If the light comes on at the same time the belt squeals, then it's probably the belt. Otherwise, the alternator needs to be looked at. It could be a worn out brush or a failing rectifier/regulator.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    para malaman mo kung ok ung alternator mo habang naka revolution ka tanggalin mo ung connection ng battery for about 5 mins at pag hindi namatay ang makina ok ang alternator mo..... sana makatulong

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock987 View Post
    para malaman mo kung ok ung alternator mo habang naka revolution ka tanggalin mo ung connection ng battery for about 5 mins at pag hindi namatay ang makina ok ang alternator mo..... sana makatulong
    Not recommended. It's bad for the car's electronics.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Not recommended. It's bad for the car's electronics.
    good day sir,

matagal ko na naririnig to eh not good for electronics vehicles.

one time kasi kinalkal ko yung wiring ng kotse ko , the wire from alternator to the battery then to the fuse box. (by the way my ride is toyota corolla 94 4afe automatic)

The positive wire from alternator and the wire coming from the fuse box eh nasa iisang battery plug lang, meaning naka series, so sa positive battery plug ko eh may 2 wire na nakakabit, isa galing sa alternator yung isa galing sa fuse box.

So pag umaandar ang kotse, yung alternator ay nagkakarga sa battery. So posible din na yung current from alternator eh dederecho sa fuse box? since magka series sila? or may mali sa wiring ng kotse ko? hahahaha

so pagtinangal mo sa battery yung +plug assuming na maayos ang alternator mo, eh siguradong aandar pa yung kotse mo, kasi nga nakaseries sa alternator yung wire going to the fuse box. San ba located po yung voltage regulator?

pls help...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gremz View Post
    good day sir,

matagal ko na naririnig to eh not good for electronics vehicles.

one time kasi kinalkal ko yung wiring ng kotse ko , the wire from alternator to the battery then to the fuse box. (by the way my ride is toyota corolla 94 4afe automatic)

The positive wire from alternator and the wire coming from the fuse box eh nasa iisang battery plug lang, meaning naka series, so sa positive battery plug ko eh may 2 wire na nakakabit, isa galing sa alternator yung isa galing sa fuse box.

So pag umaandar ang kotse, yung alternator ay nagkakarga sa battery. So posible din na yung current from alternator eh dederecho sa fuse box? since magka series sila? or may mali sa wiring ng kotse ko? hahahaha

so pagtinangal mo sa battery yung +plug assuming na maayos ang alternator mo, eh siguradong aandar pa yung kotse mo, kasi nga nakaseries sa alternator yung wire going to the fuse box. San ba located po yung voltage regulator?

pls help...
    The main purpose of the battery is to provide power to the starter when starting the engine, after doing its job, the alternator then charges it to its full capacity. Any electrical power needed by the car is provided by the alternator, if the load exceeds what the alternator can provide, the battery will supply the rest. If the alternator stops working, the battery will provide the power needed until all the charge is lost. Walang mali sa wiring mo. That is correct. The Battery + terminal is also connected to the + terminal of the Alternator, these two provide the power to the fuse box.

The voltage regulator of you alternator is located inside the alternator itself, provided it is still in original state. Other times, when the alternator was converted to an external voltage regulator using the electromechanical voltager regulator AVR-551.

Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    i was driving one day and my battery light came on for about 5sec. after about 10 min later...it came on again. sometimes it doesnt come on till 2-3 days later doing the same thing appearing for 5sec or a little more. also...sometimes my car would start overheating so i decided to try raising up my RPM and all of a sudden, the temp went back to normal. could it be my alternator? or my belt?

i replaced the belt today so i wouldnt know if the problem went away. also, one reason why i replaced my belt is that, it squeeks and its worn out. after i replaced my belt the squeeking was still there, so i decide to tighten it a little more and in went away. it only squeeks when i rev a the engine my tapping the gas. what can be the problem. i have a 94 accord. thanks in advance...
    If still squeaks, you need to tighten it a little more tighter, these multi-v belt requires more tension than the single V belts.

alternator or belt?...