New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    the alternator is fine.. the belt is not loose.. the pulley is working fine.. everything is fine naman.. meron kasing volt meter yung instrument panel ko.. yun lang talaga prob ko.. bago magengage or mag-activate ang alternator ko, ire-rev mo muna sya.. parang kelangan muna siyang magrotate ng mabilis para magengage..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancie View Post
    the alternator is fine.. the belt is not loose.. the pulley is working fine.. everything is fine naman.. meron kasing volt meter yung instrument panel ko.. yun lang talaga prob ko.. bago magengage or mag-activate ang alternator ko, ire-rev mo muna sya.. parang kelangan muna siyang magrotate ng mabilis para magengage..
    check the diodes if they're working (vom)...it usually takes some time for the alternator to divide and supply current to the terminals especially if the diodes are not working properly.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JiggeR671 View Post
    i dont think its advisable to pull out the positive or negative terminal of the battery while the engine is running.. theres a possibility you might fry the alternator.. pa check nalang sa technician with proper tools and equipment
    pulling out the negative terminal is a quick and sure way to find out if the alternator is working since the engine dies outright if the battery's not being charged properly.but you can always refer to the indicator light/lamp.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I recently replaced my stock battery but i found out later na yung pinalit kung battery has a lower ampere rating(70 amp) than the stock battery(90 amp). my alternator ampere rating is 90 amp. is this bad for the car specially sa alternator? tnx.
    Last edited by valskie01; October 20th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mangdencio View Post
    pulling out the negative terminal is a quick and sure way to find out if the alternator is working since the engine dies outright if the battery's not being charged properly.but you can always refer to the indicator light/lamp.
    DON'T EVER DISCONNECT the battery cable on an efi engine while it's running. the voltage spike generated by the alternator may fry the engine computer and other computers as well. the battery is like a big capacitor that filters out those voltage spikes.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    I recently replaced my stock battery but i found out later na yung pinalit kung battery has a lower ampere rating(70 amp) than the stock battery(90 amp). my alternator ampere rating is 90 amp. is this bad for the car specially sa alternator? tnx.
    needs your opinion/advice re: this tnks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Alternator and battery question