New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    thanks so much!!!! really good help sir oj!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You don't need a bigger battery. What you need is a more powerful alternator.
    +1
    sell the extra battery and you current alternator and get a 150-200 amps alternator that lasts a long time than buy 2 batteries every 2 years no need pa for complicated wiring diagrams. . .

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly_elegance View Post
    +1
    sell the extra battery and you current alternator and get a 150-200 amps alternator that lasts a long time than buy 2 batteries every 2 years no need pa for complicated wiring diagrams. . .
    If the TS wants to wire it would be better, maybe he is an Electrical Engineer like my dad he wants things the other way because he knew it better.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly_elegance View Post
    +1
    Err, what he needs is to increase the overall storage capacity as he wants to operate the accessories longer with the engine off. You can install the biggest alternator but it's useless with the engine not running.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Err, what he needs is to increase the overall storage capacity as he wants to operate the accessories longer with the engine off. You can install the biggest alternator but it's useless with the engine not running.
    oh,I didn't realize, I thought the TS jus want to add a li'l kick in his electrical system, my apologies. . . but personaly i would'nt try to run the sound system with only batteries supporting it, sabi ng kapatid ko(yes he's a licensed electrical engineer) isa sa mga factors ng pagkasira ng baterya is pag palagi itong nadidiskarga, or at least nawawala sa optimal rating nya. . . hindi ko pa nasubukan na magkabit ng dalawang baterya and paandarin ng 1 hr yung sound system mo siguro nga kakayanin unless naka setup yung sound system, hope everything goes well at update natin tong thread na ito. . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Adding An Extra Battery