New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If there was a short circuit it James Brown I feel good - YouTube blow the fuse but your BAT terminal circuit to the starter does not have a fuse but sure will get the cable hot. If your car has manual transmission, place the transaxle in fourth gear, release the parking brakes and nudge the car back and forth to see if the ending turns. If it does not turn, he engine might have locked up, or the engine went into hydro lock.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hi all,

Basically, natingga sa bahay yung kotse for almost a year; sadly nadiskarga yung battery niya na <1yr old pa lang. Seems that i left the key in the ON postition all this time, so i thought that was what caused the discharging.

So i tried starting it up using jumper cables connected to another car. i did notice the battery was still charging up, up to 12.++V. The dash panel did light up, but the car still wouldn't start. i noticed the Corolla's battery voltage dropped to 10-11.2V. i tried using another spare battery, verified that it still charges up, same result.

To rule out the possibility of the battery going bad, i tried disconnecting the battery from the car, then direkta ko kinabit yung jumper cable to the terminals(hindi nakakabnit yung battery sa corolla) -- it still wouldn't start.

Me ground kaya talaga?
    tama ba you left the key sa ON position all that time? edi for almost 1 year naka prime yong fuel pump waiting for the command to start... check mo muna yon, baka na sunog na...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    tama ba you left the key sa ON position all that time? edi for almost 1 year naka prime yong fuel pump waiting for the command to start... check mo muna yon, baka na sunog na...
    Ah no sir. i'm guessing around a month siyang nasa ON position before we discovered it, then naka OFF na siya for almost a year

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    still hasn't started?
    remove the air cleaner,and pour a tansan-ful of gasoline into the carburetor's throat.
    then try starting it several times.

also, test the carb solenoids. baka may nasunog.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 4th, 2016 at 01:53 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post

The fuel pump runs on two modes

1 start mode------ the fuel pump runs on default 3-5 seconds to pressurise the fuel rail for faster start up

2 run mode------when the engine e starts, the ignition signals from the crank sensor and the cam sensor enables the PCM to command the fuel pump relay to run the fuel pump.

The fuel pump did not run the battery down.

toyota fuel pump control circuit - Google Search
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; August 5th, 2016 at 05:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12