New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Edmunds Inside Line

Auburn Hills, Mich. — Final testing of the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 is underway at Chrysler's Auburn Hills headquarters, and spy photographers were there to catch an undisguised mule in full production trim.

As the official teaser shots from Chrysler suggested, the production version of the Dodge Challenger SRT8 is nearly identical to the concept. Up front, the crosshair grille is gone in favor of a honeycomb design with "Challenger" script. The lights and front airdam are almost unchanged, with lower side marker lights being the only obvious alteration.

The five-spoke wheels are new and the brakes appear to consist of the same 14.1-inch rotors and Brembo calipers found on the Charger SRT8 sedan. A retro-styled fuel filler cap has been added to the quarter panel on the driver side and the rear marker lights have been moved down slightly.

We knew the taillights were going to change for production, but the Challenger's designers did a good job of maintaining the original styling. The blacked-out spoiler is new, as is the center reverse light and the smaller exhaust pipe tips.

Look for the debut of the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show on February 6.

What this means to you: If you were worried that the production Challenger wouldn't live up to the concept, consider these photos proof that Dodge came through on its promise.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looks like Chip Foose had a hand in the design stage of this car.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Methinks I like the Camaro better...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like the retro look on this one :D

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I've seen it in person...mean looking ride, nice!

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8