New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Sir Gurus,

Ang '93 Feroza po namin ay napansing ko pong mapalag lamang at 1,800 rpm. Above at below this ay ok naman. Bakit po kaya? Ano solusyon?

Salamat po. :?: :roll:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    up

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check mo things that are attached to your engine, alternator, AC compressor, power steering pump, engine mounts/supports. Baka may loose screw or maluwag na turnilyo (translation:mrgreen. Nag re-resonate siya sa 1800rpm.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Because Ferozas were actually built for offroad use in mind, gearing is low. They have a final drive gear ratio of 5.29. FYI - my Hilux 4x4 when stock had only 4.56, I had to regear to 5.29 to accomodate the 35" tires. You'll notice that your Feroza accelerates fast, is superior climbing uphill and a very capable tow vehicle, but you have to rev up higher.

With low gearing and small diameter tires your power band width begins at about 2000 rpm upwards. Meaning your hp and torque are at its best in this rpm level.

Solution : Match the tires to your gearing. Use 31" or 32" diameter tires. You will have to lift your vehicle 1 to 2 inches. Do this by cranking your torsion bars, and extending your rear leaf spring shackles by 1 to 2 inches.

With this tire upgrade, your power band should be in the 1,000 rpm range.

Happy trails!

BTW - The Feroza is one underrated 4x4. But it is actually more superior than most, beleive you me!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman
    BTW - The Feroza is one underrated 4x4. But it is actually more superior than most, beleive you me!
    I believe. Check out their high re-sale value.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung hindi lang talaga masakit sa likod ang suspension ng Feroza, I might be driving one today.

5.29 na pala gears niya. Ayos, yan. Hehehe. Lakas ng low-end grunt.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ........ok yung Feroza kaya lang diffiul finding piyesa. "FARUZA" daw sabi ng isang owner na nakausp ko :D

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    Because Ferozas were actually built for offroad use in mind, gearing is low. They have a final drive gear ratio of 5.29. FYI - my Hilux 4x4 when stock had only 4.56, I had to regear to 5.29 to accomodate the 35" tires. You'll notice that your Feroza accelerates fast, is superior climbing uphill and a very capable tow vehicle, but you have to rev up higher.

With low gearing and small diameter tires your power band width begins at about 2000 rpm upwards. Meaning your hp and torque are at its best in this rpm level.

Solution : Match the tires to your gearing. Use 31" or 32" diameter tires. You will have to lift your vehicle 1 to 2 inches. Do this by cranking your torsion bars, and extending your rear leaf spring shackles by 1 to 2 inches.

With this tire upgrade, your power band should be in the 1,000 rpm range.

Happy trails!

Freemen, did you say 5.29 ang ratio ng Ferroza? Ano size ng R&P ng Ferroza? 8 inch or 7.5 inch.

Feroza na Mapalag Only at 1,800 rpm, Baket???