New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    just remember the law of supply and demand when it comes to parts availability, madami sa daan, mas mura ang pyesa hehe.

TUMPAK! Galing talaga ni Sir David!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lako
    thanks bro

Daihatsu has left R.P. so understandably, spare parts are not as easy to find as that for other brands.... but somehow we have not considered that a serious problem. We manage

Not for the average driver though....some imagination and resourcefulness required...and that's the fun part of owning a "Faroza" ....

http://www.daihatsuclubph.org

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp
    Daihatsu has left R.P. so understandably, spare parts are not as easy to find as that for other brands.... but somehow we have not considered that a serious problem. We manage

Not for the average driver though....some imagination and resourcefulness required...and that's the fun part of owning a "Faroza" ....

http://www.daihatsuclubph.org

Btw, Daihatsu is 51% owned by Toyota and they have a lot of common parts and even designs, so parts availability for the Feroza should not really be a problem, if you know some of the counterparts. The Daihatsu Feroza is very similar to the Toyota Blizzard if you have seen one.
    Last edited by Benji_DCP; May 22nd, 2006 at 06:26 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What are these Daihatsu Feroza / Daihatsu Rocky / Daihatsu Sportrak cars you speak of?"

They are extremely well built utilitarian 4WD vehicles produced by Daihatsu. The phrase 'Toyota Quality' comes to mind; as Toyota Motor Corporation had one third of the controling share of Daihatsu since 1967, and made Daihatsu a subsidiary in 1999. Initial sales in the USA weren't as successful as places like Australia, where it sold it's first passenger vehicle. The Daihatsu Rocky / Feroza / Sportrack has become a very sought after offroading vehicle with a cult like following.

The company was formed in 1907 as the Osaka Motor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. selling under the name Daihatsu or Tsubasa. In 1951 they officially changed their name to Daihatsu Kogyo Kabushiki Kaisha.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

"The Daihatsu Rocky was a small SUV produced in Japan from 1987 to 1998. The first generation was sold from 1987 to 1993, with a SOHC or DOHC 1.6 L engine. It was sold in the United States from 1988 through 1992 when Daihatsu was available in the continent, but sales were extremely poor. In Europe and Australia, where the car was more popular, it was called Daihatsu Feroza, as Rocky was used for the bigger Rugger/Fourtrak.

The second generation was introduced in 1993 but differed little from the original model, retaining the same chassis and engine, although the old SOHC 8-valve was dropped. Power was 95 hp DIN (70 kW). Italian company Bertone built a variation powered by the BMW M40 engine, with 100 hp (74 kW), called the Bertone Freeclimber II. The Rocky/Feroza was replaced in 1998 by the Terios."

http://www.warfs.org/content/view/14/41

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    There are cars that you drive to work and to the supermarket
    to the hills, through the waters to play...and there are cars
    that have become more than that: a faithful companion that is a
    part of your life.
    i got my ferosa may 23, 2005. now its been with my for a yr. napa overhaul ko na, pati aircon palit na compressor, so far so good, am happy. its been my daily drive [hirap kasi linisan yung isang puti na honda city e].
    may parts! tiyaga lang. nakahanap ako ng parts to complete the overhaul sa may malapit sa amin sa valenzuela

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    mga bosing payo naman, I'm a OFW na nagarap din makabili ng 2nd car although meron na akong owner type jeep back home (my problema pa sa papers) pero gusto kong palitan kasi nga you cannot leave your things sa loob ng owner. that's why I'm planning to buy a feroza kasi ang iniisip ko para magamit ko hindi lang sa pag punta sa bulubundukin na lupa na nabili ko sa bataan at syempre for family use din.....kaya lang sa mga commnets na nabasa ko parang nagdalawang isip na tuloy ako. ang hirap pa naman mag ipon ng pambili. guys, mga 90-130php lang ang ang kaya budget na iipunin ko para sa car. help naman kung ano pa ang maganda hindi hirap sa pyesa kung sakali man nagkaroon ng problema at syempre yung kaya ng budget ko.

maraming salamat po:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i've got a 94 SE feroza and so far i'm enjoying my ride with it! although low speed sya pero pag dating naman sa rekta masarap ng tumakbo.. feroza is a 4wd vehicle although mine is seldomly used,. lagi lang ako nasa 2wd. kahit pa na very steep ang daan sinisisiw lang nitong small but terible na feroza! hehe.. what impressed me with this vehicle is that even on rough and steep road, kahit hindi mag shift sa 4wd kayang-kaya ang hatak, kahit huwag apakan ang gas pedal andar parin! (rough road)
    sabi din nila matakaw sa gasolina mga feroza, but mine is 9-10 kpl-city driving.. i'm waiting for my new car, but for my feroza,. i'm gonna keep it!

mr.dennisdko, i saw your video sa youtube,. ganda interrior mo sir! balak ko din paayos yung sakin eh..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Ano biggest tire size kasya sa stock height ng Feroza?

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    Ano biggest tire size kasya sa stock height ng Feroza?
    31" without regearing
    may member na naka 36" pero modified na ang suspension naglift na at naglagay ng spacers

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiguru View Post
    i've got a 94 SE feroza and so far i'm enjoying my ride with it! although low speed sya pero pag dating naman sa rekta masarap ng tumakbo.. feroza is a 4wd vehicle although mine is seldomly used,. lagi lang ako nasa 2wd. kahit pa na very steep ang daan sinisisiw lang nitong small but terible na feroza! hehe.. what impressed me with this vehicle is that even on rough and steep road, kahit hindi mag shift sa 4wd kayang-kaya ang hatak, kahit huwag apakan ang gas pedal andar parin! (rough road)
    sabi din nila matakaw sa gasolina mga feroza, but mine is 9-10 kpl-city driving.. i'm waiting for my new car, but for my feroza,. i'm gonna keep it!

mr.dennisdko, i saw your video sa youtube,. ganda interrior mo sir! balak ko din paayos yung sakin eh..
    thanks very much for the comment. sa mga members marami pang mas maganda ang interior, yung iba totally palit lahat.
    para pag nagtratrail sa bundok masarap magdrive hehe
    saka pag in traffic makapanood pa ng tv

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Daihatsu Feroza [Merged]