New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I went out today to look at a '90 Daihatsu Feroza (EL model?). It's being sold for Php 135k. It had 169,xxx kms on the clock, gray body, 5-spoke alloys with street tires, and a sound set-up.

Anything I should look out for?

I noticed that the clutch was very stiff. Normal ba yun? Is there a remedy to this?
    There were also some noises coming from the engine. Sabi ng seller it's the water pump. Mahirap ba ayusin iyon?
    Then there was the case of the engine dying when turning at full lock during idle. Ano kaya problem? Ganito ba talaga mga Feroza? Is there a remedy?

Salamat po!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    otep may thread na dati nito..nabura na?

anyway, former feroza owner here..matigas talaga clutch niyan pati suspension... kapag 100km parang sasabog na makina ahahaha! gearing not for highways.. yes may mga ingay din sa makina mas matagal nasa casa yung amin kaysa nagamit lahat ng maiisapan mapalitan napalitan na di pa rin mawala..
    pero nawala din yun inggay nung nabenta namin dahil yung buyer na ang nakakarinig di na kami..ahihihi! 1993 pa ito nabenta noon mahirap na ang piyesa ewan ko lang ngayon...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The new daihatsu forum is here, http://www.daihatsuclubph.org/forum/
    You might wanna check with them. I don't remember any such noises from the water pump, and the engine definitely shouldn't die like that. Clutch shouldn't be that stiff either.

I just had mine repainted (Talong!) and the whole interior is being redone now. Haven't decided yet if I'll sell it (just bought a Tucson), but parts are available, but far from easily attainable. The other dudes at the club know the places to get them though. They even have an anointed daihatsu mechanic (Tata Rudy) that knows the feroza now inside/out if you want him to check out the car your looking at.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    afaik engine internals are interchangeable with toyota's.... better log on to the DCP forums for more info.

OT:

why feroza otep?? pang trail ba??? why not suzuki samurai instead?? :D

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Guys help naman tagal ko ng naghahanap pang service hindi kasi pwede kotse dito maraming bundok tsaka may mga rough road pa pag bumibiyahe ako. eto po bang feroza maraming parts na mabibili? budget ko kasi nasa 150-200K lang kasya lang para sa FEROZA na model 1997. In terms of durability and reliability ano pong masasabi nyo? TIA Guys.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ang tawag ng mga taga BANAWE sa Feroza ay "Parusa" coz walang available parts.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kakatakot palang bumili ng PARUSA. Kaya pala ang daming nagbebenta napakamura pa.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    wag ka bumili ng FEroza! No parts available yan! mAski service center and distributor nya (Signet sa Mandalyong) ayaw dati tanggapin yun Feroza namin for service, sabi nila wala na raw sila parts nun and iuwi nalang daw namin yun unit! ever since binenta na namin yun Feroza namin! yup maski sa banawe hirap parts, kung meron super mahal pa!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    K.o and jimaroquai tnx for the advice. tingin na lang ako ng ibang sasakyan na pang rough road na maraming parts para kahit masira hindi ako nag-aalanganin. Than you again guys.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suzuki Samurai - though not as comfy as the Feroza

Suzuki Vitara - more refined, more expensive, too.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Daihatsu Feroza [Merged]