New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speaking of restoration costs:

since we all know euro > american (probably due to the abundance of OER parts)

would restoring a japanese classic be cheaper than restoring american muscle?

Ive always liked the old fairlady z's. But if the cost is comparable, then i'd rather put my money on muscle.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I wonder with the activity generated by the subject of old cars via this thread in such a short time and the constant activation of other threads on the subject if our moderators will see it fit to be magnanimous enough to grant a sub section dedicated to "classics".

It was mentioned in feedback that they would assess based on whether we could keep a thread going on the subject. what do you guys think? should we request for a sub section?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    chip,here is my two cents worth regarding jap classic restoration.no question the fairlady is a goooooooood car.problem is,if you intend to resell them,mababa bentahan pero ang cost to restore ay malakiiiiiiiii.that is from a first hand source,meaning one who is agonizing over the restoration of his fairlady right now.kung itatago mo,pwede talaga gastusan.anyway,it is still your call kung talagang gusto mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yes midinite,i support your suggestion that there be a subsection for classics.there is a following no doubt.count me in.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slim_ding View Post
    chip,here is my two cents worth regarding jap classic restoration.no question the fairlady is a goooooooood car.problem is,if you intend to resell them,mababa bentahan pero ang cost to restore ay malakiiiiiiiii.that is from a first hand source,meaning one who is agonizing over the restoration of his fairlady right now.kung itatago mo,pwede talaga gastusan.anyway,it is still your call kung talagang gusto mo.
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping na mas mura to restore since japanese, pero if it amounts to roughly the same, sa muscle na ako!
    Pero if there's a good one for sale in the future and if budget permits.. why not? hehehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hey Chip, you should see Mr. Z's ride. Ganda!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i own some VW : 72 camper, 69 squareback type 3, 74 1500 beetle roadster, and a 83 jetta( rabbit with a trunk ). I sure think we need a place to talk about old cars. I am about to buy a Nova SS soon, anyone wants to talk about it?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I spotted a junked dusted beautiful 356 speedster last month almost got the oldman to sell it... sayang, he only wanted 30thousand for it, i went to the nearest ATM machine to withdraw cash, went i got back there with the money....ya know what? he said he changed his freaking mind.....I almost freakout at that very freaking moment. freak! old freak!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey Flagg, im looking forward to seeing everyone's rides! hehe

Hi Dean,
    sorry to hear about that old man. baka nagtritrip lang yon hehe don't worry baka next time bumigay din.
    not too knowledgeable about novas myself but lets wait for the other members, daming expert dito

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Make no mistake, I love Mustangs too. But, what got me wanting performance cars is the Mitsubishi Starion / Dodge Conquest. Not a bad looking car for a mid-80's design:

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 30th, 2006 at 09:09 PM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Who loves classic cars? Vintage, Muscle, Old School, etc.