New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks woodfire! that was fast, and certainly a lot! is this the same as the Shelby GT350, that they call?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    thanks woodfire! that was fast, and certainly a lot! is this the same as the Shelby GT350, that they call?
    Thats the one. Shelby came out with a GT350 and GT500. It was a question of engine size. The 500 had a bigger engine and you should venture to research them on the net.

Now the one at bowtie you mentioned belongs to this guy who traded his "so-called" 65 coupe GT for it. Now why I say "so-called". well it is because the guy got an "A" code and turned it into a GT. When he said it was a GT i said no way, it is a GT clone I said since he added the fog lights, toploader (4 speed), trumpets and emblems. I told him it wasnt a GT because he added those things. It never left the factory a GT so he should call it a GT clone. needless to say he advertised it as an authentic GT and tried to fool buyers to thinking it was the real thing. Do you think that was foul? personally I dont mind it when you make a clone just say it is a clone. dont say it is a real factory issue.

now the guy has that fastback at bowtie and maybe that is why he calls it a GT350. because it is painted on the side. hmmm. personally i refuse to deal with the type that will try to pull that over another in hopes of asking for more money. Because the buyer is fooled into buying something that isnt what it really is.

There are many ways of spotting a fake. Pero since nasa pinas tayo magaling gumawa ng peke dito.

Now is that like placing SiR emblems on a plain honda?
    Last edited by midinite; November 16th, 2006 at 06:50 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    oh and if you are the investigative kind there is one "clone" posted here that is trying to be passed off as the real thing...now where could it be?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire View Post
    GT350 has add ons that Carroll Shelby installed:

1) Rear Traction Bars
    2) Koni Shocks all around
    3) Big Disc Brakes up front
    4) Tri-Y Headers
    5) Bigger Oil Pan
    6) Larger dual exhausts/pipes
    7) Cougar Tail Lights
    8) Holley 850 cfm carburetor
    9) Shelby tuned cylinder heads and exhaust/intake valves (ported/polished/etc...)
    10) Roller Rockers and hotter cams
    11) Cobra Aluminum Air Intake
    12) Cobra Air filter
    13) Front suspension lowered by one inch via re-positioning suspension arms
    14) Le Mans stripes
    15) Shelby Fiberglass body kit (hood, functional side scoops, front fascia)
    16) Muncie 4-speed tranny (not sure though?); C4 tranny for Hertz series
    17) 9" Ford differencial with posi-traction (Optional)
    18) Lightweight composite rear windshield
    19) SHelby side stripes with GT350 Logo
    20) Cobra valve covers
    21) Shelby-installed tachometer pod

I'm sure there are more but these are the ones I remember...
    love em tachpods. just a question...i thought they were 715cfms? guess i was mistaken

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, 715 cfm for GT350 and 850 cfm for the GT500. Good spot! The GT350 was rated at 310-320 hp versus a HiPo mustang at 270 hp.

Btw, in the U.S., there is a widespread ethical practice to disclose a clone if it is indeed a clone. Nothing wrong with a clone since it is keeping with the spirit of "HOTRODDING" your ride. The important thing is one has to DISCLOSE this fact.

Based on my latest Hemmings Muscle Machines issue, even the price of clones are skyrocketing in auctions. More so if the makeover is almost perfect to factory specs. But again, these guys DISCLOSE that these are indeed clones!

Omitting to disclose a clone and passing it on as THE REAL DEAL is not only unethical but downright dishonest.

Again, nothing wrong with a clone as long as one discloses it is a clone.
    Last edited by woodfire; November 16th, 2006 at 09:40 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey midinite, I'm about to pull out my stang in the next two weeks or so. I'll probably park it in my garage and get a real assessment where the restoration is at this point.

So far, these are my laundry list:

1) Engine tuning (should be easy coz I've got new cylinder heads, new carb, and new electrical components)
    2) Soft top - needs to be installed
    3) Interior - all trims, all sidings, almost everything needs to be installed
    4) Aircon - the new Sanden was already installed but needs to be plumbed
    5) Fuel tank - needs to be cleaned (full of grime)
    6) Suspension - parts need to be installed (replace bushings, upper/lower arm replaced, tire rod ends etc...)
    7) Engine detailing (a whollata detailing necessary to make it presentable)

Ciao!
    Last edited by woodfire; November 16th, 2006 at 09:53 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Yup pagodas are classics. and more importantly reliable and easy to keep on the road. a few here but prices are on the high side. best look for a desperation sale.
    hey midinite, you wouldn't want to go restore an MB until you got some real cash on hand. It's a lot worse than restoring our current muscle projects...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hey midinite, I'm about to pull out my stang in the next two weeks or so. I'll probably park it in my garage and get a real assessment where the restoration is at this point.
    OT: What I need is more money...

A definite keeper for me:

1962-64 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Berlinetta... one of the most beautiful cars ever...

:inlove:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
    hey midinite, you wouldn't want to go restore an MB until you got some real cash on hand. It's a lot worse than restoring our current muscle projects...
    personally i have thrown my MBs by the side of the road. It is really hard and as you pointed out EXPENSIVE to restore. They are great though when they have been well kept and all pero when they arent...hayyy. nahihirapan din ako sa euro kaya american centric ako ngayon. however, there are those who will still swear by them. Me sometimes i swear at them (the euro classics, i mean). Sa kin lang kasi mas simple ang american iron kaya pati ako kaya ko kalikutin. eh yung isang twin carb ko na benz dati mali lang ang setting ng carb nagiging garage ornament na lang siya for a while.

i have an 1958 alfa romeo spider (convertible) nga i I am trying to unload kasi i have no time to work on it....kaya naka park lang diyan sa kin...not an easy restoration but if someone is inclined to do italian stallions...by all means go ahead. need to focus on my stangs.
    Last edited by midinite; November 17th, 2006 at 11:04 AM. Reason: additional info

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006

So far, these are my laundry list:

1) Engine tuning (should be easy coz I've got new cylinder heads, new carb, and new electrical components)
    2) Soft top - needs to be installed
    3) Interior - all trims, all sidings, almost everything needs to be installed
    4) Aircon - the new Sanden was already installed but needs to be plumbed
    5) Fuel tank - needs to be cleaned (full of grime)
    6) Suspension - parts need to be installed (replace bushings, upper/lower arm replaced, tire rod ends etc...)
    7) Engine detailing (a whollata detailing necessary to make it presentable)

Ciao!

Your christmas wishlist looks doable. lets try to organize a check of some possible teams who can work on your enumerated needs. pero as always let us have a look at their work so you can assess and find out from other satisfied or disgruntled customers on how the work was for them. Txt txt tayo. busy lang now kasi 4th quarter push sa work. Pero discussing one weekend should always be possible.

There are two guys I am also looking at for interior and convertible top work for my 65 vert (who thinks it is a 64.5 - well if it followed the chinese calendar it would be)...keeping my fingers crossed
    Last edited by midinite; November 17th, 2006 at 11:16 AM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Who loves classic cars? Vintage, Muscle, Old School, etc.