New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hmm... i thought a camaro is a camaro is a camaro. oh well... im not even sure if the car that i saw is a yutivo camaro or not. i think it doesnt really matter if its not a yutivo. bottomline is... its still a muscle car, and the outcome of the car will always depend on the restorer. i bet in 5 or 10 years, there wouldnt be anything to talk about as long as it is a camaro.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    hmm... i thought a camaro is a camaro is a camaro. oh well... im not even sure if the car that i saw is a yutivo camaro or not. i think it doesnt really matter if its not a yutivo. bottomline is... its still a muscle car, and the outcome of the car will always depend on the restorer. i bet in 5 or 10 years, there wouldnt be anything to talk about as long as it is a camaro.
    to a certain degree you are right. as long as you have no qualms and you are happy with it then by all means go for it. it is all about the enjoyment of the hobby.

but you also did ask about re sale value...didnt you?
    Last edited by midinite; November 15th, 2006 at 02:29 PM. Reason: addendum

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    yah i asked about re-sale value of the camaro. so i assume that the resale value of a yutivo is lower. i just want to know if ever it is a really good investment. you know, restore it, use it for a couple of years, then if there's the opportunity to sell or move on to another project, of course you would need the money again to buy stuffs for the next project.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yah i asked about re-sale value of the camaro. so i assume that the resale value of a yutivo is lower. i just want to know if ever it is a really good investment. you know, restore it, use it for a couple of years, then if there's the opportunity to sell or move on to another project, of course you would need the money again to buy stuffs for the next project.
    a nice car if kept nice will sell well in a few years. i am not sure it will be the big investment per se unless you are talking about a GT350 perhaps. I met a guy who bought one mid 90s he claimed for 400k pesos running. now he is being offered a 100k USD and still refuses to sell. for him it is a toy that he enjoys. he doesnt look at it per se as an investment while it has investment value. he has a nice stable in pasig and occassionally races his units against foreign drivers. i for one will opine that the best thing is to enjoy it and when you see a nicer one, by all means unload to support the new toy. nothing worse than getting strapped with a lot of cars and having to maintain them. unless your last name is Leno.

That being said, you should have the data presented by all sides and you can make an intelligent assessment.

also, if you are in the hobby to buy and sell by all means do so. that is the beauty of free enterprise. as you will note there are some here who actively horsetrade. just make sure you are on the up-and-up with your prospective buyer and declare honestly what you know and not conceal things. I have seen that happen way too much in the hobby and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    a nice car if kept nice will sell well in a few years. i am not sure it will be the big investment per se unless you are talking about a GT350 perhaps. I met a guy who bought one mid 90s he claimed for 400k pesos running. now he is being offered a 100k USD and still refuses to sell. for him it is a toy that he enjoys. he doesnt look at it per se as an investment while it has investment value. he has a nice stable in pasig and occassionally races his units against foreign drivers. i for one will opine that the best thing is to enjoy it and when you see a nicer one, by all means unload to support the new toy. nothing worse than getting strapped with a lot of cars and having to maintain them. unless your last name is Leno.

That being said, you should have the data presented by all sides and you can make an intelligent assessment.

also, if you are in the hobby to buy and sell by all means do so. that is the beauty of free enterprise. as you will note there are some here who actively horsetrade. just make sure you are on the up-and-up with your prospective buyer and declare honestly what you know and not conceal things. I have seen that happen way too much in the hobby and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    hmm... im from pasig also. i wonder where can i find this guy you're talking about.

anyways, i dont know if i'll be able to sell ice to an eskimo just like other people. i mean, i'm not a good sales person hehehe. so i really wouldnt know if i'll be able to sell whatever car i will have in the future. if i got a chance to buy a 67 fastback.. i probably wont sell it also

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hmm... im from pasig also. i wonder where can i find this guy you're talking about.

if i got a chance to buy a 67 fastback.. i probably wont sell it also
    the GT350 is parked near eastwood. their group actually imports cars from the U.S.

if i got a 67 fastback with a v8 is too would love to keep one.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Never cared much for classic cars, except for the Beetle, Karmann Ghia and the Mini. But when I saw Spy Game and laid eyes on a 1967 Porsche 912, I was smitten instantly. :inlove:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Never cared much for classic cars, except for the Beetle, Karmann Ghia and the Mini. But when I saw Spy Game and laid eyes on a 1967 Porsche 912, I was smitten instantly. :inlove:
    hear hear. always good to get another point of view on this.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    so what's the difference between the GT350 and the regular 67-68 Mustang Fastback?

i saw one sa bowtie(well at least i think the paint says GT350), and the guys from there mentioned the owner acquired that for (if i remember) 350K, not running. they still had to rebuild the engine. parts of the body is a little bit rusty, though but not that much.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GT350 has add ons that Carroll Shelby installed:

1) Rear Traction Bars
    2) Koni Shocks all around
    3) Big Disc Brakes up front
    4) Tri-Y Headers
    5) Bigger Oil Pan
    6) Larger dual exhausts/pipes
    7) Cougar Tail Lights
    8) Holley 850 cfm carburetor
    9) Shelby tuned cylinder heads and exhaust/intake valves (ported/polished/etc...)
    10) Roller Rockers and hotter cams
    11) Cobra Aluminum Air Intake
    12) Cobra Air filter
    13) Front suspension lowered by one inch via re-positioning suspension arms
    14) Le Mans stripes
    15) Shelby Fiberglass body kit (hood, functional side scoops, front fascia)
    16) Muncie 4-speed tranny (not sure though?); C4 tranny for Hertz series
    17) 9" Ford differencial with posi-traction (Optional)
    18) Lightweight composite rear windshield
    19) SHelby side stripes with GT350 Logo
    20) Cobra valve covers
    21) Shelby-installed tachometer pod

I'm sure there are more but these are the ones I remember...
    Last edited by woodfire; November 16th, 2006 at 03:29 PM.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Who loves classic cars? Vintage, Muscle, Old School, etc.