New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    it isnt impossible to find a 67 fastback. you just need to know where to look. a friend just bought a running survivor that was currently registered for around 300th.
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    oh and what made the deal even sweeter is he bought the 67 fastback in 6 gives.
    300k for a good running condition 67 fastback, 6 gives??? some guys have all the luck. i hate your friend!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    300k for a good running condition 67 fastback, 6 gives??? some guys have all the luck. i hate your friend!
    hehehe. sorry he met me earlier. so i tipped him off on the car. it was even in its original springtime yellow and had its orig interior. anyway, there are some out there and all it requires i would say is getting to hang out with those who are into it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    oo nga eh.. they jack up the price... grrr... hehehe but its all good. i think i'll try to look harder for the fastbacks hanging around hehehe baka you know somebody... give me a holler

anyway, i checked the yutivo camaro, and yup locally assembled nga sila. it's still a camaro right? big difference ba with a yutivo and the imported ones? and if i remember correctly, a yutivo camaro has a Y on its number. so a camaro without the Y would be ok?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    :lolabove: :dito:

but it is nice to know that all is not lost and we dont have to shell out a fortune to get a good car. i guess it all boils down to two things:
    connections
    patience

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    oo nga eh.. they jack up the price... grrr... hehehe but its all good. i think i'll try to look harder for the fastbacks hanging around hehehe baka you know somebody... give me a holler

anyway, i checked the yutivo camaro, and yup locally assembled nga sila. it's still a camaro right? big difference ba with a yutivo and the imported ones? and if i remember correctly, a yutivo camaro has a Y on its number. so a camaro without the Y would be ok?
    yutivo has its data plate on the opposite side of where U.S. versions have them. the U.S. data plate is on the right side if you are facing the windshield from the grill. also some salient differences are apparent. to use a rough analogy it is like the slight differences between an interior decor group stang and a GT stang. at least appearance wise

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I don't see anything wrong with owning a Yutivo.

1. The Yutivo has the de luxe interior as standard compared to a US vesrsion, which has it as an option.

2. The Yutivo has a 6 cylinder engines, simple replace it with a 327, 350 or better yet, any of the Mark IV big blocks.

3. Yutivo has a single leaf spring way out in the back, but some of the US Camaros too. You can always replace it with multiple leaf spring or better yet Coil over shocks and 9" Ford rear end.

4. Yutivos are all RS Options, retractable head light covers.

5. Yutivos are cheap(if you can find one), so it is a good start for a project car.

6. We don't like Yutivos because they were made here? Well, when you restore cars, you do it here in the Philippines. You don't send cars to US for restoration.

7. I trust the workers in the 60's, they are proud of what they do. They are also under strict American quality control.

8. Americans are in search of Yutivo Camaros as evidenece by this thead http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7666,

9. If you dont like a Yutivo, I am interested in them, as Chevy has more parts available in the Performance market and are cheaper too.

10. Yutivos have KPH speedometer as opposed to the US MPH.

Please don't put down the Yutivos, it is like putting down the craftsmen that worked on it.

Just my humble opinion. I am not a purist when it come to cars.

Heck, I have a 67 Yutivo with a 327 and th350. I lowered it and put Magnum wheels. Installed front and rear spoiler and cowl induction hood.

A Camaro is a Camaro even if it is a Yutivo.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    not muscle cars or old school cars in particular, but old school way of tinkering with cars. That is, getting your hands dirty, pulling a wrench, getting soaked with oil, scraping your knuckles and feeling the car with your butt dyno

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with owning a Yutivo.

1. The Yutivo has the de luxe interior as standard compared to a US vesrsion, which has it as an option.

2. The Yutivo has a 6 cylinder engines, simple replace it with a 327, 350 or better yet, any of the Mark IV big blocks.

3. Yutivo has a single leaf spring way out in the back, but some of the US Camaros too. You can always replace it with multiple leaf spring or better yet Coil over shocks and 9" Ford rear end.

4. Yutivos are all RS Options, retractable head light covers.

5. Yutivos are cheap(if you can find one), so it is a good start for a project car.

6. We don't like Yutivos because they were made here? Well, when you restore cars, you do it here in the Philippines. You don't send cars to US for restoration.

7. I trust the workers in the 60's, they are proud of what they do. They are also under strict American quality control.

8. Americans are in search of Yutivo Camaros as evidenece by this thead http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7666,

9. If you dont like a Yutivo, I am interested in them, as Chevy has more parts available in the Performance market and are cheaper too.

10. Yutivos have KPH speedometer as opposed to the US MPH.

Please don't put down the Yutivos, it is like putting down the craftsmen that worked on it.

Just my humble opinion. I am not a purist when it come to cars.

Heck, I have a 67 Yutivo with a 327 and th350. I lowered it and put Magnum wheels. Installed front and rear spoiler and cowl induction hood.

A Camaro is a Camaro even if it is a Yutivo.
    It is good to see our resident expert speak up on the subject. However, IMHO the reference to Yutivos was more about Chrisboy asking about resale value potential. And as Turbo is the expert as well at sales of musclecars, etc, would it be safe to assume that U.S. versions will command a higher price compared to Yutivos? Much like the locally assembled benz vs. the imported benzes of yore? Or even other marques for that matter? It is merely market perception and as a savvy marketer it should be a nuance one should be aware off? I have seen some actually keep others in the dark regarding the origin of a camaro...why would that be perhaps?

in response to point #10, there was no putting down of local craftsmen as pointed out. However, the question now is, are they craftsmen or assemblers. I am all for national pride but was the car really created here? We have seen other Asian neighbors design or even copy cars from scratch. Wouldn't that equate to actual craftsmanship? and point #7 negates the premise of point #10 since the only good pinoy "craftsman" needs to be under american supervision...would this also affect point #6 indirectly saying that local restoration work is not as good since there isnt any foreign presence (except the guy i met in pangasinan who is active in the local vintage scene there - he has an expat head mechanic/advisor).

regarding point #8. does that affect local market perception? are they a niche group that are hunting down Yutivos for its exotic value and is it evidenced that Yutivos command a better price in the U.S.

As is the nature of any forum. this is an avenue for discourse. These are merely musings to see the other side of the Yutivo coin.

But once again, it is good that Turbo explained some trivia on the subject as he is the resident expert on the subject. Thanks.
    Last edited by midinite; November 15th, 2006 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typos

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    As an addendum...it may be good to note as Turbo has that it all depends what you are looking to enjoy. What the Yutivo allows you to do is enjoy an affordable camaro you can hop-up.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I read the post of midinite about camaros. It was factual and non-judgemental. So, I really don't get it why there was a feeling of "belittling" of Yutivo camaros by Turbo?

Personally, I would rather buy a U.S.-assembled Camaro even with a 350c.i. engine than a cheaper Yutivo 6-banger. Again, this is my opinion so I really don't give a damn if somebody thinks I'm belittling the Yutivo sibling.
    Of course, a Yenko or a Motion Baldwin version of the Camaro would be really something to drool about!!!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Who loves classic cars? Vintage, Muscle, Old School, etc.