New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Classic cars you love lang naman 'to (not you want to buy..hehe) ...so here's mine:

1971 Hemi 'Cuda Ragtop

1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

'68 Shelby GT500KR

sarap mangarap...
    one day sana...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    newbie here... just wondering what do you think of a 68 Camaro vs. 68 Mustang. which one is easier to restore, and probably cheaper? which one will you advise to get for a newbie? thanks

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    newbie here... just wondering what do you think of a 68 Camaro vs. 68 Mustang. which one is easier to restore, and probably cheaper? which one will you advise to get for a newbie? thanks
    engine types? is the stang a coupe or a fastback? are either convertibles? or are we just talking two coupes with base v8s? 2 barrel? there will be different opinions on this i am sure as there are ford men and chevy men.
    Last edited by midinite; November 13th, 2006 at 07:57 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    engine types? is the stang a coupe or a fastback? are either convertibles? or are we just talking two coupes with base v8s? 2 barrel? there will be different opinions on this i am sure as there are ford men and chevy men.
    well, the engine stuffs are all greek to me. basically i just want to know which is better to restore, for rookies. basically, i just love cars. i like driving, looking and admiring them. bottomline is i wanna restore a car. given a choice, a junk 68 stang coupe and a 68 camaro (not in a bad condition), which one will you restore? probably the next questions are parts availability, re-sale value(if ever), cool factor? hehehe

anyways, just wanna know your opinions, thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    well, the engine stuffs are all greek to me. basically i just want to know which is better to restore, for rookies. basically, i just love cars. i like driving, looking and admiring them. bottomline is i wanna restore a car. given a choice, a junk 68 stang coupe and a 68 camaro (not in a bad condition), which one will you restore? probably the next questions are parts availability, re-sale value(if ever), cool factor? hehehe

anyways, just wanna know your opinions, thanks!
    personally, while i am basically now into stangs i am not a fan of 68s since the interior throws me off. it has that matanda look kasi they used the same steering wheel of other "fords" and gave up the three spoke thing. Yet i still like the stance of the stang better. there are those who can also really turn their 1st gen camaros into really hot numbers but in the end the choice is yours...i always say buy what will make you happy. whether it is a project or a ready to ride vehicle...but from the sound of it you may be in it for re-selling...because most people who restore actually sink in more than necessary. sometimes beyond the market "value" of the car.

If you are looking to re-sell i would suggest mustangs since there is a strong market for these here. you may want to avoid yutivo camaros.
    Last edited by midinite; November 13th, 2006 at 09:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hehehe honestly, i wouldnt want to re-sell but it wouldnt be bad if i get to recuperate some, if not all, of the expenses diba?

i personally want a 67 fastback stang, but by the looks of it... i wouldnt be able to get one in the near future. reasons are: 1. very hard to find and probably non-existent already in manila; 2. even if i find one, grabe its too expensive, imagine 350k for a junkie?

so.. what is a yutivo camaro?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a resto-mod work of art (IMO)

Joe Rogan's 1970 Cuda

Sick Fish

edit: one more pic
    Last edited by Chip; November 13th, 2006 at 10:06 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    The '67 stang on Car Crafts Dec 06 issue made me think of getting rid of my practicallity ang get myself one (if I can). Camaro SS, the one where you don't see the headlights (all grille? can't remember what year it was..) that's one nice ride too.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hehehe honestly, i wouldnt want to re-sell but it wouldnt be bad if i get to recuperate some, if not all, of the expenses diba?

i personally want a 67 fastback stang, but by the looks of it... i wouldnt be able to get one in the near future. reasons are: 1. very hard to find and probably non-existent already in manila; 2. even if i find one, grabe its too expensive, imagine 350k for a junkie?

so.. what is a yutivo camaro?
    yutivo is a locally assembled GM car. the yutivo's were contracted to do that during that era.

it isnt impossible to find a 67 fastback. you just need to know where to look. a friend just bought a running survivor that was currently registered for around 300th. 66bunny saw me drive it to his office some months back when it was acquired. it was a dream to ride on NLEX. now it has a home in the south of manila. even the interior lights were all functional when you opened the doors.

or you can buy a 350th project and spend a lot restoring it. I would prefer as complete as possible and possibly running. and yes, they exist around the area. sometimes lang traders get them agad and jack-up the prices.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    oh and what made the deal even sweeter is he bought the 67 fastback in 6 gives.

also, does anyone know whatever happened to the Minica? or anything about it actually? they must have a following somewhere as have seen one in laguna.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Who loves classic cars? Vintage, Muscle, Old School, etc.