New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Is it just me or are there more classic cars on the road nowadays? just this week i saw two triumphs - a TR2 and a TR4. One black the other white. And not a month goes by that i dont see one on the road... mexicos and stangs and tbirds and vettes and so on and so on...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I noticed that too. Maybe its heralding a new age(and life) for old school cars.

I guess hollywood exposure to old school muscle and classics -XXX, FastnFurious series, gone in 60 secs, james bond- has sparked worldwide interest

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    I noticed that too. Maybe its heralding a new age(and life) for old school cars.

I guess hollywood exposure to old school muscle and classics -XXX, FastnFurious series, gone in 60 secs, james bond- has sparked worldwide interest
    and not to mention the upwards spiral of prices as well.....
    Last edited by number001; December 20th, 2006 at 03:01 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    which is also true But I am sure there are still undiscovered barn finds out there

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    which is also true But I am sure there are still undiscovered barn finds out there
    the fun is in the hunt...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    like it was in the U.S. with the boom in the 80s with the classic car fever pulling speculators in as well as quick buck con artists it may be happening here as there is a demand for what was once cars people would junk. there are a lot out there who thrive on the desire of others and like sharks smell blood. there have been some horror stories out there but as always it is good to do your homework and ask around. remember the advantage now is you have the net and a network out here.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Now the question is whether their growing presence will legitimize their existence here in tsikot as a sub-section at some point. even as part of the car club section? all marques have a club here in tsikot...why not one for old-school?

Hopefully it does so tsikot gets another dimension.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Now the question is whether their growing presence will legitimize their existence here in tsikot as a sub-section at some point. even as part of the car club section? all marques have a club here in tsikot...why not one for old-school?

Hopefully it does so tsikot gets another dimension.
    like it says up there...tsikot.com the pinoy lover of wheels

and classics are wheels arent they?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there is also the fear that the current muscle/classic frenzy, especially in the US, is creating a bubble. and we all know what will happen when the bubble burts-blood in the streets, especially for speculators who find themselves holding an empty bag, or a rusted hulk in this case.

for people planning to use classics as an investment, the only way i can see any 'real' money being made is to :

1. skimp on restoration-just restore enough to get it running and sold, disregarding the safety of the buyer. Someone in the group even just discovered that the front shocks on his ride were mismatched, just so long as there were shocks and the car was 'drivable'(in the barest sense of the word).

2. buy a garage queen. buy a rare car, clean up, cover up and let sit in garage for 50 years. much like the people who buy toys but dont take them out of the box. but then what's the fun in that. and if youre gonna invest this way, there are better, safer bets, i.e. real estate, time deposit etc.

ask any true enthusiat, the profit margins on a properly restored and truly drivable classic are very small, if not nil. most hobbyists usually end up spending more on the car than what they sell them for. but there is the rare case of a real collector willing to pay top dollar/peso for a classic

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Stand up and be counted....

Hi all,

This is a thread dedicated to all classic cars. Be it pre-war, post-war, 50s, 60s, 70s, old school, American, German, Japanese...Hotrods...you name it.

Lets consider this the official unofficial Classic Car section (now in the form of a thread).

We need to keep this thread going so we can warrant our own section (NOTE: FEEDBACK SECTION- regarding setting up a classic car section).

But for this to work we need to keep posting pics of our favorite cars...discuss topics on our favorite cars...even talk things like tech and detailing. Anything goes kasi thread lang ito and there is no Classic car section. It may be difficult but we never stopped that from enjoying cars people tell us are so impractical...So let us show our support for classic wheels...

I am standing up to be counted...Am a mustang freak here...

what gets your motor going?
    I have a '51 Chevy Pick Up and I used to own a '67 Dodge Dart.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Who loves classic cars? Vintage, Muscle, Old School, etc.