New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    One of the Dad's friends offered him a vintage car because it was about to be scrap metal, Dad, curious about what the car was, went and check it out. When he got there, it's rusted to the bone and it wont even start and some of the parts are missing. Dad paid the man PHP 25,000 for it. At home, my Mom laugh at Dad because it was their first car and he bought a junk car at that, but Dad went to work and he started restoring it. This is what it looks like now:

That old hunk of junk was actually a 1949 Plymouth Super Deluxe 2-Door Sedan.

Now, I got it for my inheritance =3 What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Very nice car. How long did your dad work on it before it is in that condition? Is the engine still the original or was it replaced?

I hope you got the list of contacts on who/where you get spare parts for future maintenance.

Do you get to drive it regularly?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 10th, 2010 at 10:42 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Very nice car. How long did your dad work on it before it is in that condition? Is the engine still the original or was it replaced?

I hope you got the list of contacts on who/where you get spare parts for future maintenance.

Do you get to drive it regularly?

6 years but it was with us since 1982, waaay before I was born. The engine is in bad condition but some original components that can still be saved is still there. But in time, all of the components need to be replaced.

My dad's a mechanic so its no problem getting parts.

Before when I was learning how to drive but since I got my own car, I hardly drive it anymore. So it's usually just for car shows and whatnot.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

do you look like Miss Daisy?

hehe

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    very nice!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    ohhhhhhh mama!!!! love it.

7. Join Date