New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Bob Lutz: Kiss the good times goodbye | Automotive News
    by Bob Lutz Nov. 5, 2017

It saddens me to say it, but we are approaching the end of the automotive era.

The auto industry is on an accelerating change curve. For hundreds of years, the horse was the prime mover of humans and for the past 120 years it has been the automobile.

Now we are approaching the end of the line for the automobile because travel will be in standardized modules.

The end state will be the fully autonomous module with no capability for the driver to exercise command. You will call for it, it will arrive at your location, you'll get in, input your destination and go to the freeway.

On the freeway, it will merge seamlessly into a stream of other modules traveling at 120, 150 mph. The speed doesn't matter. You have a blending of rail-type with individual transportation.

Then, as you approach your exit, your module will enter deceleration lanes, exit and go to your final destination. You will be billed for the transportation. You will enter your credit card number or your thumbprint or whatever it will be then. The module will take off and go to its collection point, ready for the next person to call.

Most of these standardized modules will be purchased and owned by the Ubers and Lyfts and God knows what other companies that will enter the transportation business in the future.

A minority of individuals may elect to have personalized modules sitting at home so they can leave their vacation stuff and the kids' soccer gear in them. They'll still want that convenience.

The vehicles, however, will no longer be driven by humans because in 15 to 20 years — at the latest — human-driven vehicles will be legislated off the highways.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yeah good luck with that. The government can't even phase out jeepneys. 😉

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Time to buy uber stocks.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pfffffffftt!!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hindi ko lang matandaan title pero parang scene yan ng cartoon movie

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 4 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Hindi ko lang matandaan title pero parang scene yan ng cartoon movie

Parang sa I-robot.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Parang sa I-robot.
    Similar bro... sa irobot kasi identically parang car pa rin itsura.

Yung napanood ko literal na para kang sasakay sa jolen hehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Found it hahaha

Robots 2005 Trailer - YouTube

Start at 43 seconds

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wall-E din mga matataba nakasakay sa chair na kotse. magagalit si OB nyan mahihirapan siya mamaintain ang gym fit body niya.