New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    The Youtube link I posted was just from last year (ABS CBN's Bandila)... PHL Tesla owners can't use their cars in public roads since they can't be registered

h t t p s : / / t i n y u r l . c o m / y a h 2 m y k r
    (if video doesn't show up, try this)

so it's 2018...

Has LTO finalized their rules on electric cars?

I believe current laws only allow's electric vehicles with a max speed of 60kmh.
    the electric utility vehicle of la salle's, plying the roads around their lasalle-st benilde neighborhood, has an official-looking orange number plate.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^in the interest of research those cars get special permit from LTO to ply the roads

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; June 8th, 2018 at 01:38 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    VW exec says 'tipping point is near' for electric vehicles | Automotive News Europe

by Larry P. Vellequette
    August 07, 2019

Battery-electric price parity with internal combustion engines will be the tipping point that brings broad market acceptance for the emerging technology -- and that tipping point is closer than it may appear, said Reinhard Fischer, senior vice president for Volkswagen Group who heads strategy for VW brand in North America.

Fischer told Automotive News Europe sister publication Automotive News at the 2019 CAR Management Briefing Seminars in Michigan that Volkswagen's $50 billion global electric push will bring new scale to EV production, pushing down costs to a point where they reach parity with vehicles powered by internal combustion engines.

"We strongly believe that the tipping point is near, and that tipping point will be price equity" that will drive new consumers to BEVs, not just early adopters.

"Once you overcome the fear of something new, the EV is the better choice for you," he said.

VW's 12-brand group, which includes Audi, Porsche and Bentley, said in March it plans to introduce almost 70 full-electric models globally by 2028, accounting for 22 million battery-powered vehicles.
    "I don't think it's going to take a lot of convincing," Fischer said. "There is a fundamental curiosity. Everybody sees the end state.

"When you put pencil to paper, owning a full-electric vehicle costs about half of what a gas car costs me to operate."

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    We’ve driven VW’s bright green smile machine, the electric ID Buggy | Ars Technica

by Jonathan M. Gitlin
    8/16/2019

Left: Meyers Manx dune buggy. Right: VW ID Buggy

That Meyers Manx dune buggy looks great. I wish somebody would make an electric Meyers Manx here in the Philippines.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    A very expensive EUREKA moment for Elon Musk
    Changing lanes: The supercar shock we think made Elon Musk go electric [watch]
    Similar to what we do to appliances to get them to work, the crash probably jarred a neuron in place. Why that happened to him & never to the rest of mankind is a mystery.
    Last edited by bloowolf; January 31st, 2021 at 09:09 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Electric cars will never dominate market, says Toyota

Akio Toyoda, grandson of the founder, and current chairman, of Toyota Motor Corp, recently stated that EV's will never go past 30% market share.

"Mr Toyoda argued that electric cars’ appeal is limited because one billion people in the world still live without electricity, while they are also expensive and need charging infrastructure to operate."

The past year was a record-setting year for Toyota, with global sales at over 10 million units.

This makes me wonder what sort of strategy Toyota will follow in the coming years vis a vis BEV's.

Btw, the founder, Kiichiro Toyoda, and his son, Shoichiro (who also ran Toyota), are both mechanical engineers, with the latter also earning a Phd. Akio, meanwhile, took law and finance.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ madami din EVs nadali ng cold spell sa usa at sa china (but apparently not in europe though). supposedly the extreme cold spells those countries are experiencing have been affecting the performance of those vehicles' batteries. even a number of the outdoor charging stations of tesla were reportedly going bonkers.

all along i thought hot weather would be the real achilles heel of those juiced up batteries.
    Last edited by baludoy; January 25th, 2024 at 12:53 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ madami din EVs nadali ng cold spell sa usa at sa china (but apparently not in europe though). supposedly the extreme cold spell has affected the performance of the car's battery. even the outdoor charging stations of tesla were reportedly affected.

all along i thought hot weather would be the real achilles heel of those juiced up batteries.
    Yes in Chicago!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    also,
    an un-expected, but logical, issue with EVs,
    increased tyre wear!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Wait 5 years and recheck the automotive landscape and we will see if this holds thru.

Toyota has been losing in the Biggest car market in the world (China)
    its losing its ground in the 2nd biggest car market (USA)

In 5 years, the Japanese Gov't will start to bail out Toyota unless they change strategies now.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
electric powered cars