New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you in favour for a "Classic" car subsection?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aye am!

21 77.78%
  • No Nay!

6 22.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It would help if the ones who said "nay" could explain their side so we see the other side of the coin. Cant be just the "ayes" talking.

And as flagg said keep it generic to cars over 20 years of age (unless there is another suggested age).

If it needs subsections i would suggest - Japanese/Asian, American, European. It is too early pa naman to come up with sub sections per geographic origin of the marque as it will only grow in time.

And there may be the need as pointed out as well for a tech section and restoration section.

All can co-exist in this section i would think

Any other ideas?

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    "Aye!"

IMO, I think it is much better if there's a 2 or 3 sub-sections(Japs, Euro, USA). Or just a simple "Classic Tsikots/Tsikoteers" Section.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    "Aye!"

IMO, I think it is much better if there's a 2 or 3 sub-sections(Japs, Euro, USA). Or just a simple "Classic Tsikots/Tsikoteers" Section.
    Thanks for your comment Frank...Better cast your vote sa poll kasi di naka reflect yung vote mo there.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    A classic car is usually dubbed as such when it reaches a certain age. Some say it's 25yo, some say higher, and some say 20yo cars qualify. That needs to be sorted out first.

Also note that through the years, the classics will change. Meaning, if this is 2006, a classic car that's 25 years old should have been made on or before 1981. Next year, it will be 1982, and so on.

I like the classic car suggestion myself. Agree din ako sa Jap/US/Euro subsections.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga kasi e di yung starlet ko na 81 eh classic na...eh di ba old school type lang naman ito.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the rolling 20 year requirement is a good idea. Besides, what may be a classic for one, may be vintage for another and so on. Semantics lang naman yan e, what matters is that there are people passionate about the vehicle.

With regards to the subgroup, I personally think we should start off with a general one first, and if it gathers enough steam and following, then adjust accordingly.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    A big YES, OPO, SI to the suggestion for easier reference. Further sub-dividing to Japanese, Euro, and American vintage/classics/old school is also a practical idea. As it is, one would have to surf all over the place and monitor several threads.

In answer to Otep's concern about streamlining, there shouldn't be any major issues as far as co-existence is concerned. After all, the love of the classics is what brings us together in the 1st place.

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Thanks for your comment Frank...Better cast your vote sa poll kasi di naka reflect yung vote mo there.
    Oopps!

BTW, I nominate Sir midinite as the thread moderator.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hear! Hear! I second Frank Drebin's motion to nominate Midinite as the moderator of this new thread!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yeah, midinite for oldies mod. Ahihi...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Does Tsikot need a Sub-section dedicated to "Classic" cars