New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: are there more classic, old school and muscle cars on the road?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes there are more on the road

8 44.44%
  • No there aren't more on the road. Its just the same as it always has been

4 22.22%
  • There arent any. Its all in your imagination. are you on crack?

6 33.33%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i disagree.
    madalang makita sa lansangan itong mga ito, dahil mahirap makakuha ng piyesa.
    they can be airconed and still function normally.
    some of them came out of the dealer's, already airconed.

kuba car bolswagen nga, malalagyan ng aircon...

dok kung merron gagamti nyan sa panahon ngayon eh sa madaling-araw ilalabas at lesiure driving. Much like a "dessert car" Yung kotse gagamitin if gusto mo magstroll around the area bili milkteh patambay-tambay inhale exhale dahil maaliwalas walang gaano kotse at tao sa pligid.

pero kung traffic katakot na gamitin. Pag tumirik baka masigawan/makantiyawan pa.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    dok kung merron gagamti nyan sa panahon ngayon eh sa madaling-araw ilalabas at lesiure driving. Much like a "dessert car" Yung kotse gagamitin if gusto mo magstroll around the area bili milkteh patambay-tambay inhale exhale dahil maaliwalas walang gaano kotse at tao sa pligid.

pero kung traffic katakot na gamitin. Pag tumirik baka masigawan/makantiyawan pa.

if you want to avoid traffic, sa madaling araw ka rin lalabas, whatever car you are driving.
    and if you want to show off your car "in action", stuck in non-moving edsa traffic is a very poor way do do it. an early morning drive at slex, with breakfast at shell, petron or caltex along the way, should do it. breakfast at bgc or similar neighborhood, is also fine. i was told, rose and grace near nuvali, is a popular hang-out.
    do it at night? so how will your princess get noticed?

some of these folks treat their old school metal as garage princesses... to bring out and show off once in a while..
    but not because they re prone to malfunction.
    i mean, what is the point in showing them off, knowing inside that they won't make 500 meters before breaking down. these garage princesses are probably close to factory-spec, if not better...
    my guess why they don't see the asphalt often, is they are so hideously difficult to clean, after even a short drive. mahal ang Q-tips, noh!
    heh heh.

i used to own one of these. matibay and easy to kutingting, unlike today's silicon-based systems...
    Last edited by dr. d; June 8th, 2019 at 01:25 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This one looks almost exactly like my old 1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo except mine was a 5-speed MT. Same exact blue color. US2500.00, odometer: 108k miles.

1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo | DSMtuners
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 8th, 2019 at 01:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    looks good.
    that's 1991. "not old enough" ?
    heh heh.

i wonder, did it have an asian equivalent?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 8th, 2019 at 02:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    looks good.
    that's 1991. "not old enough" ?
    heh heh.

i wonder, did it have an asian equivalent?
    Looks similar to a 90s eclipse

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Looks similar to a 90s eclipse

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    The 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon are all siblings from the same basic Diamond Star design. I liked the Laser the best because it had the most minimalist exterior.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Do you see more "old school" classics on the road now?