New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ayos e di mura na ang dodge viper ngayon? hehehe

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Paano yung dealership sa CATS Greenhills?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganyan talaga pag humingi ka ng bailout sa Federal Government.

There are certain conditions which the debtor has to comply with, among them is to cut off unprofitable dealerships, excess capacity (manufacturing plants), and personnel (retrenchment).

From the article, it would seem that there was an element of fraud and deception employed by Chrysler just so it could unload its inventory to dealers and then cut them off. Then again, whatever damages that these Chrysler dealers can hope to recover would be subject to the bankruptcy proceedings and they'll probably get paid 20 cents to the dollar.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Maskin walang bailout it wise to cut dealerships. Obvious naman there are too many dealerships chasing too small a pie... While the US Big three market share has been getting smaller and small through the years, their dealers keep getting bigger and bigger. So a lot of dealers are just fighting for the crumbs! People who work for dealerships better retrain and reinvent themselves cause they have to find a new job not related to autos anymore...

If Gm and Chrysler can survive Chapter 11 they will re-emerge a much much smaller company than the GM and Chrysler we used to know.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    It's funny seeing GM and Chrysler filing for bankruptcy yet Ford, which has been facing trouble for a while now, is still afloat. Very unexpected, but I guess their management is performing pretty well.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ford had a lot of cash when it mattered while GM and Chrysler didn't when it crunched them... Make no mistake Ford is also loosing a lot of money and they are heading the same path as GM and Chrysler unless things improve sooner rather than later. While the Japanese and Europeans were making money before and only started losing money during the crisis the big American 3 have been losing even before the crisis.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Ford had a lot of cash when it mattered while GM and Chrysler didn't when it crunched them... Make no mistake Ford is also loosing a lot of money and they are heading the same path as GM and Chrysler unless things improve sooner rather than later. While the Japanese and Europeans were making money before and only started losing money during the crisis the big American 3 have been losing even before the crisis.

I agree. As far as I recall only a handful of car companies made money this year and even less made more money on higher sales. AFAIR, if you take out the euro brands, 1-2 na lang yun.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Now all those screwed dealers are scrambling to get rid of their dead beats. The longer these dead beats stay at their garages the bigger their losses its like a poison so now they are going to sell these at a loss just to get rid of it. Thanks Chrysler for screwing these faithful dealers who trusted you!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Chrysl...&asset=&ccode=

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I agree. As far as I recall only a handful of car companies made money this year and even less made more money on higher sales. AFAIR, if you take out the euro brands, 1-2 na lang yun.
    The H's made money, that is Honda (barely) and Hyundai. Surprisingly Toyota has the biggest loss so far this year.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The H's made money, that is Honda (barely) and Hyundai. Surprisingly Toyota has the biggest loss so far this year.

I think Chuvaroo made money too. Yun nga lang yung FHI naman ang nalugi ... nabaligtad na sa dati.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How Chrysler Screwed Its Dealers